Which do you think would be better?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OCDgrow, Mar 13, 2014.

1. I currently have 5-3gallon smart pots and 4-2gallon regular pots in a 4x4 under a tent.  it seems to be pretty crowded in there.

My first grow i used 5 gallon pots but then i thought i should use 3 gallon pots to save on the height of the plants.

Now im beginning to think maybe try the 5 gallon ones again, but do LST bending them around the rim of the pot like ive seen in another thread.  Having bigger pots lets you have less plants so youd be more inclined to make sure they are happy right?

what do you guys think for a 4x4?

2. In my flowering room I allow for 2 square feet per plant, which equates to an 8x4 with 8 plants.  This is all going to be dependant on strain and veg time though.  I have a constant cycle of 5 weeks at each station (veg, small bloom, and final bloom) with some rather bushy Holy Grail Kush.  Regardless of 1 plant or 20 you should always make sure they are happy, in a 4x4 it should only take 15-20 minutes a day.

3. yah, i just had one of those days.  I poured a gallon through of ph 7 corrected waterthrough the stunted plant that doesnt seem to be flowering like the rest and measured the ph....it read 6.5ish......poured another gallon through and it read 6.3.  So then i decided to flush it until it read 6.8  Once that was done i poured another gallon through mixed with its food.

I ended up doing this to 5 more plants so I was getting discouraged.  I have smart pots and was just thinking about them, when you water or feed them  they are just sitting on the bottom.  So run off more or less comes out the sides of the bottom. Im starting to think when i water/feed them i should raise them up an inch on a grate or something so run off can go straight through to make sure there is no salt build up there.

4. Sounds like a good idea to elevate them for flushing.  .  Do you want less big plants, or more smaller plants?  You could do sea of green and really pack them in. Good luck, keep us posted.