which cigars are best for rolling blunts?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by awoodward420, Jul 18, 2012.

1. White owl white grapes are my favorite. Smoked ALOT of swishers, but white owls are better. Also the white grape seemed to always go the best with the taste of weed, in terms of blunts that is.

2. U sound stupid, u prob didn't Roll it good...

3. if you want cigarillos then swisher,white owl pom poms and if you mean cigars than phillies and dutches work fine

4. look, ive mentioned, for me its either swishers, or zig zags, if i want a wrap or am rolling a big blunt, they both taste nice (just regular sweet for me, no flavours) burn slow, and thats all im looking for. any post that starts of, "hahaha u guys r stupid for smokin those, smoke these.like smokers post most recently. please fuckin cease and desist all such posts mafuhkas!) all that matters is u like the blunt, and it works for u. dont rag on others for what theyre smoking. say "those are cheap" "those are too thick u cant taste the bud" but dont laugh at people for what theyre into/have access too.

-G

5. The cigars i smoke are the best for rolling blunts ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. #86 GreenTheGiant, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

7. White owls white grape and you will have yourself a fantastic blunt

8. #88 Akademicks, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013
    White owl grape hands down. Now i'm a Raw fan. Heard White Owl Grapes are bad for you.

9. If you want smoke in class get a garcia vega lol

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I like White Owl or GAME but outta any CIGAR I would choose Zig-Zag Blunt WRAPS anyday

11. I heard white owls are the easiest but I've only rolled a few blunts before and I used Black n Milds because I smoke them normally and I always have some.
    [​IMG]

12. Man if you smoking good times and other real cheap highly off flavoured blunts Im saying a prayer for you . . . .
    [​IMG]

13. #94 8ballroller, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2013
    White owls, swishers, chromes, or garcia Vegas for a good slow burning blunt, dutch masters. Do not buy pom poms, they suck. Xl philleies for one fat ass blunt.

14. I dont know i only smoked one blunt ever  :hide:

15. White owl white grape

16. swishers trolololololololololol

17. Bringin' this thread into 2017 for an update. I'm not too picky, although pineapple or mango White Owls have been a fave recently. My friend swears by Game. About to try Dutch sweet green.

18. I love optimos they come in blue mango and silver they are slow burn wraps and they last forever longer then any other wraps I've tried

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. #100 tianlin, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Strictly speaking, yes, you can, with one major exception to be made for dry-cured cigars like Parodi or Toscano. However not every cigar will make a blunt that every smoker will find pleasant, and some cigars are far, far more difficult to work with than others.

As a general rule, there's a reason people have traditionally favored cheap, machine made cigars with HTL (homogenized tobacco leaf) wrappers and binders....HTL is far easier to work with than whole leaf. Most cigar smokers look down on HTL, and that includes me when we're talking cigars.....but not all HTL is created equal, and my bread and butter cigar is actually machine made and contains an HTL binder of much, much higher quality than any other HTL I've seen, and it makes a fantastic blunt. I usually just discard the Cameroonian wrapper leaf, honestly, but sometimes I'll save it and wrap some of it around a joint or something for a mini-blunt.

I buy them because they are remarkably good for a short filler, machine made cigar, and I'm not made of money. But here's the thing: they're infinitely higher quality than any machine made cigar you'll see at the average gas station, but priced about the same. A box of 55 cigars online is 35 or 40 dollars from most big online cigar sites, making it priced about the same as a Swisher Sweet or White Owl.

Think Garcia y Vega but much better quality, and you'll have Principes. The filler is natural tobacco, trimmings from their premium cigar production (La Aurora is the oldest cigar factory in the DR, one of the worlds premier cigar producing nations), the wrapper is good enough quality they could put it on an entry level premium smoke in many cases, and the binder is just...like I said, simply better quality HTL than anything I've seen before. Supple, fresh, smooth to the touch, naturally slightly adhesive, thinner than most HTL, obviously made with better quality tobacco in the first place and with a smoother, milder flavor.

If you see them around, give them a try. I'd recommend the Corona shape over the Palma unless you want to roll a lot of very large blunts. Their palmas are just about the same size as a Dutch Master palma - a 5.5x42 corona, and their corona is only 5x38 which will be larger than a cigarillo, perhaps very slightly longer than a normal blunt/sport shape, but also slightly narrower than a normal blunt/sport. Pretty much the perfect size for sharing with just a few people if the herb is good quality. I use the palmas, but I always have to trim them down a bit when I'm rolling.

I've given a handful to a couple guys I know down here who like blunts....they like them a lot, too. The palmas are large enough that one of them was used for a four gram blunt. So there's that. They're all set to release a new shape, the Chico, which is sized comparably to the cigarillos you get at the gas station, so a perfect blunt for one or two people if it's decent herb. But those haven't come out yet. Famous Smoke Shop is running preorders for those, though.

[​IMG]