Which Breed of Dog?

Discussion in 'General' started by Henry Krinkle, Feb 13, 2012.

1. #1 Henry Krinkle, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2012
    Alright Blades thinkin about getting a new dog, what would you choose if you were me.

2. They are all fairly similar dogs. You need to decide which you want to get based on their looks. If you live somewhere warm a boxer or retriever would be a smarter choice. Colder, the husky or sheperd. These are all big dogs and will require a lot of food, attention, and training. If you can successfully train either of these dogs, they will be the best friend you could ever ask for. The choice is yours!

3. ok.. labs are good all around dogs, they are athletic, friendly, and smart. to me, they're generic. they also shed.

boxer, super athletic, active, very little grooming required, smart, tons of personality.

shepherd, also sheds, highly intelligent, more of a guarding instinct than any on the list, highly athletic.

husky, the most active on the list, smart, aloof, loooooots of shedding, also the least social on the list.

how much time can you exercise a dog? do you want one that easy or a little more of a challenge to train? how independent do you want it to be?

I've had 3 shepherds, and right now I have a shepherd/husky/wolf mix. they're not for a noob dog owner. but I just love shepherds :)

4. im tellin you dude
    get a shih-tzu

5. I've always thought German Shephards were badass dogs. My friend has one, its nice, but really protective. I'm not sure if all are like that though. My dad knew some people who owned like 7+ huskies and he said they were the nicest dogs ever. Labs, tons of people have. They're great family dogs, and I'd probably get one if I had the choice now.

6. [​IMG]

Welsh Pembroke Corgi

7. pit bulls shit on all dogs

8. check out what your local shelter has, or a rescue group... you'll save a life :) mixed breeds are awesome dogs also, a lot of the time they have fewer health problems than a pure bred.

9. Yeah I know, my mom's got a pomeranian that I grew up around. Im looking for a dog I can take out for runs without looking like a flaming homosexual. That being said, im either just way stoned or you gotta work with animals. That shit read like a paragraph from the "So you want to buy a dog guidebook"

I've been around all of these dogs and I'm leaning towards a husky but not really sold yet.

Shih-tno

10. Was this close to being poll option 5 haha. Only left it out because I want a bigger dog. I will definitely have a corgi at some point.

11. It really depends on what kind of pet is suitable for your lifestyle. I'm pretty sure there are tests you can take to see breed compatibility. I don't suggest buying a dog based off of a GC survey.

12. I have a yellow labrador and she is absolutely the greatest dog that I have ever had! She is super intelligent, loves to go on long walks with me, she is very personable. Even if you have just met her, she will love on you like you guys have been the best of friends forever. She is very affectionate, and she craves my attention. She usually chills on my couch while I'm working on a research paper or messing around on guitar. She also loves baking with me... as soon as I come into the apartment with freshly bought bud, she greets me by jumping up and down as if she's saying, "Dude! What took you so long?? Let's go get fucking baked homieee!!!" Lol, she's the perfect buddy.

I say lab, but I am too biased ;)

13. Word, my family has always had rescue animals ( 2 dogs and one cat). Our first dog was a black lab but she was like a trauma victim, she got abused when she was young so her demeanor was kind of off. We had to put her down when i was like 9, didn't get another til i was 14 but he is a cheagle :rolleyes:.

So OP, try your local animal shelter or humane society first. If anything, it will give you a better idea of what you really want because picking a dog isn't like picking socks :devious:.

14. I own a Husky and a Pitbull.

Huskies shed like crazy...don't think I'd ever get one again..smartest dog ever tho

You should go to the shelter pitbulls are always being put down and there honestly the best dog in my eyes

15. Get a lab. They're smart as fuck and always want to play. My black lab always wants to run and will literally play fetch four hours. They're awesome dogs.

16. Huskies shed a lot but they're so awesome. And theyre huge, I love huskies

I also have a golden retriever she's super friendly

17. Any breed can be compatible with proper training. I just wanna see what GC likes out of my top pics, doesnt mean i'm gonna run off and buy the poll winner. :rolleyes:

18. id get the lab or the german shepherd. ive heard huskies are a bit unreliable around smaller animals and infants.

plus i like the shepherds lol.

19. pit bulls are great indeed... I have a pit/American bulldog mix, and a rescued ex fighting pit. the rescue is classic pitty, she's hard headed, not a big fan of strange dogs, but has never met a stranger... she absolutely loves people and kids. honestly tho I wouldn't recommend them unless you know exactly what you're getting into, including any legal and insurance issues you may have.

20. Pekingese.