Which bloom boosters work best?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by aceofspades941, Feb 6, 2012.

1. I'm about 3 weeks into flowering on my grow and I'm looking to purchase one or two products to help the overall quality as well as quantified yield on my plants
    I've been considering diamond nectar, koolbloom, bat guano, molasses, budswel. I've also noticed big bud, bud candy, and bud factor x but those each seem to be pretty expensive
    My question is, do those expensive products justify the cost by really helping your plants that much?
    Also I'm looking for any feedback/expertise from anyone who has experience with any of the products I've mentioned, or any others which have proved to be helpful
    Thank you :)

2. Forget about the name brand and all that bs.. It all has to do with the NPK amount.. During flower you want the N as low as you can.. When you go buy nutes look for your self the expensive nutes have high numbers that's why they cost so much.. The elements don't change just te amount.. U can use the cheap ones to get the same result you just add more..

3. i have tried alot and to be honest i just use monster bloom and sugar daddy. shit works every time. not super expensive and you dont have to use them in tandem with anything else except your normal nutrients. i use bcuzz and gh.

4. use plantation black strap molasses during your last two weeks. some people say any will be good as long as its black strap. i just use the shit i have always used. make sure you give it a good flush. your leafs wont yellow and your buds will be frosty.

5. #5 aceofspades941, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
    I've heard a lot of people use molasses, it works well huh? Can you buy that at the grocery or health food store?
    How much do you use? And do you use molasses in the last two weeks before the flush or do you use it even after the other nutrients have been stopped?

6. you can buy it at whole foods or most grocery stores. even hydroponic shops have the new botanicare black strapped... i just use plantation brand. about 5ml a gallon. you can flush with it if you want or you can feed it then flush it and repeat... or just feed it and flush it good. but you want to not feed your plant the last week at least i give them two weeks.

7. i always check my run off and res... so it should be with molasses and ph balanced water around 500 ec / straight water ph balanced 5.5 is around 440-400 a flush between that number is good. i try to match the res with the run off. it works well for me. you can use straight water, florakleen(clearing agent) or molasses water all are perfectly fine.

8. So you use about 5 ml per gallon..molasses is really thick though, do you have to heat it up tp thin it out or can you just spoon it out? I would think with it being so viscous it would be difficult to mix with the solution at room temp, or does it not matter and the plants' roots will absorb the benefits regardless?

9. #9 bockscar, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    Hello GC! 

This is my first post, figure id make it an epic bump! 2 years should count as epic right?

So, Im barely getting back into growing. Will be doing an outdoor grow of fem Dinafem Cheese, Holy Grail Kush, Chemdog (forgot from who), and non-feminized S.A.G.E. 

Of course im diving in head first on researching EVERYTHING at once like i figured most do at the beginning...well I stumbled onto a thread about Snow Storm Ultra, and started to research it a bit. Seems like theres bloom boosters and other thing that make buds more crystaly looking or go purple, have fatter/denser buds etc...

Figure people should have a good number of experiences with these type of nutrients by now. So, do they REALLY work?

I tried to research the products but didnt find much info from the manufacturer. I saw some threads and pics that looked like the boosters worked somewhat. So what do they do? just increase the crystally/snowy look of the herb? Increase THC...not THC % but like overall THC content on the plant...since Im assume more trichs equal more potential for THC to be contained in those trichs. Are they worth it? What about the boosters that claim to increase bud denseness/growth so you increase yield too?

Lots of questions, appreciative of any help! Hope no one minds the bump instead of a new thread.

Late edit:
    Just to give an idea of how long Ive been out of the loop...feminized seeds were no where near as prevalent as now. its been about 10 years. fem seeds had mad haters then talking about high % of hermes...doesnt seem like thats as big a problem these days, a possibility but not a problem.

10. I always use molasses. I use 1-2 tbs for a gallon of water. It can be thick and hard to mix in so I just use pretty warm water to thin it out. I always let any water set out overnight before it touches my plants. On my last grow I sampled some change ching, beastie bloom, and open sesame. They worked OK, but seemed like they needed something to go with them. Like they were more supplemental than actual nutes. The chaching left a bit of a chemically taste when I did a minor flush for a taster bud, but I flushed real well and got it out of the end product. I'm probably going to get a miracle grow bloom booster this time around to be honest. I always use mg tomato food for veg with no problems...

11. I like the idea of molasses. i prolly dont follow all the organic practices some organic farmers do...but I would like to get my final product to be as "pure" and natural/organic as can be. 

Thanks for the mention of the water temp...ive completely forgot about that, but vaguely remember it from past research now that you mentioned it.

Ill prolly end up just going with FF nutes and adding the molasses during flower. In my previous attempts i nute burned/over fed plants and semi-ruined their potiential...so not really jumping at the idea of me messing with more nutes beyond the basics.

12. In my opinion absolutely not.

I've heard good things about the Kool Bloom product which I don't believe is that expensive and if I were you that would be all that I'd use if you were in soil.

IMO most of the so called bloom boosters out there are just another way to take your money.
    Healthy plants grow fat nugs. Get that down pat and everything else is gravy.

J

Edit: dammit I'm replying to a ten year old post lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Start with good rich organic soil and you will never need anything but water!

• Agree Agree x 1