which 360 game to get?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by mrragerrrrr, Jan 12, 2012.

1. heading to GameStop in a bit to grab a new game for xbox but I'm not sure what to get. already got skyrim(loved it), GoW3, forza 4, maddens fifas all that

looking for a game that has good multiplayer but not interested in cod or bf

any suggestions? hows halo reach?
    thanks in advance

2. Reach is alright, you'd probably have fun with it. No idea how the community is nowadays. If you're looking for something like the Halo 2 or 3 experience you might want to avoid it. Reach is a slap in the face to Halo series multiplayer-wise, IMO.

3. [quote name='"Sour Kush"']

Reach is alright, you'd probably have fun with it. No idea how the community is nowadays. If you're looking for something like the Halo 2 or 3 experience you might want to avoid it. Reach is a slap in the face to Halo series multiplayer-wise, IMO.[/quote]

yeah that's what I've heard I played some mlg events for h2 and h3 so I'm assuming it's just going to be somewhat of a letdown.

any ideas on a different game?

4. The multiplayer is harder than Halo 2 and 3, you have to be god from the get go. If your not good at it then you will have a hard time. I am a huge Halo fan, but I loved Reach but not the Multiplayer.

Are you looking for a shooter?

5. [quote name='"Hollow Crown"']

The multiplayer is harder than Halo 2 and 3, you have to be god from the get go. If your not good at it then you will have a hard time. I am a huge Halo fan, but I loved Reach but not the Multiplayer.

Are you looking for a shooter?[/quote]

I am indeed. I've always been really really good at the halos and gears but cod just doesn't do it for me.

I've heard great things about BF3 though hmm

6. I love BF3!!!!

I played a couple of GoW tourny's for MLG.

7. I didn't think Halo Reach multiplayer was that bad...

8. BF3 is the shit.

9. Crysis 2 was a pretty fun multiplayer experience. It had a steep learning curve, though. I don't think the MP would be very active nowadays as it was sort of a flop.

10. okay so the decision is now between:

BF3
    halo anniversary
    mw3(very hesitant on this one hahah kinda a last resort)

I'm thinking BF3...are the online matches quick? also what are the gametypes like?

11. by the way thanks for all the positive input everyone I know it doesn't matter but I'll rep all of ya when I get to my comp

12. I love how your OP said you weren't interested in BF or CoD, yet they're the games you're contemplating buying. :laughing:

I believe you need Halo:Reach to play the Halo Anniversary.

Not too sure on BF3, haven't looked into it too much but it seems to be the traditonal BF experience. Big maps, team support, objectives, slower paced.

MW3 was my personal choice just because I have more people to play MW3 with than BF3. But as everyone knows, it's the nearly the same 'ole same 'ole.

13. [quote name='"Sour Kush"']

I love how your OP said you weren't interested in BF or CoD, yet they're the games you're contemplating buying. :laughing:

I believe you need Halo:Reach to play the Halo Anniversary.

Not too sure on BF3, haven't looked into it too much but it seems to be the traditonal BF experience. Big maps, team support, objectives, slower paced.

MW3 was my personal choice just because I have more people to play MW3 with than BF3. But as everyone knows, it's the nearly the same 'ole same 'ole.[/quote]

hahah I had a change of heart after reading some posts on here and the mlg website :p

but that makes sense so anniversary is outta the question because I don't feel like buying reach and the anniversary incase I don't like it

I think I may just buy both bf3 and mw3...atleast their resale value stays pretty solid for a bit

14. If you like fast matches then get COD not battlefield, it has a team deathmatch but it is so much like Cod just get cod.

BF3 is mostly for Rush or conquest.

15. You don't need Reach for the Anniversary as far as I know. The anniversary gives you a code to let you download and play the multiplayer within Reach, but you do not NEED it. I was confused about that for a while. You can play it by itself online but it shows up as you playing Halo Reach to friends (unless they've patched this by now).

You could get Left 4 Dead pretty cheap now. I'm sure it still has an active community. Multiplayer is different than stuff like BF3 and CoD, but it's still so much fun

16. Thank you for clearing that up. :smoke:

But the Anniversary does only include 7 classic multiplayer maps, still not worth $40 IMO unless you just want to play the Halo 1 campaign.

17. after h2 all the halos sucked. if you don't have NHl i'd get that.

18. BF3 is without a doubt the best game of teamwork I've ever played, but to really maximize the teamwork aspect (the best & most refined part of the multiplayer) you need other competent people online to play together with in a squad. Now, It's still a fun game to play alone online and you can find chill people in random squads, but it's not the same as playing with three friends and literally controlling the game together.

Whatever you get, i'm sure you wont be too disappointed, so enjoy your game! :hello:

19. [quote name='"Smokey Tha Bear"']
    BF3 is without a doubt the best game of teamwork I've ever played, but to really maximize the teamwork aspect (the best & most refined part of the multiplayer) you need other competent people online to play together with in a squad. Now, It's still a fun game to play alone online and you can find chill people in random squads, but it's not the same as playing with three friends and literally controlling the game together.

Whatever you get, i'm sure you wont be too disappointed, so enjoy your game! :hello:[/quote]

thanks man I decided to go with bf3. all of that is so true it's the same for alot of competitive games so I'm going to post on here and on the mlg forums to try and throw a decent team together

thanks for all the replies can't wait to play this

is bf3 mlg sponsored right now? I'm pretty sure there are some events around my area soon so I gotta get good at bf asap

20. [quote name='"DAVlD"']after h2 all the halos sucked. if you don't have NHl i'd get that.[/quote]

so true and NHL is my shit been playing those since they came out

good taste in games hombre