Wheres all my Yankees fans at ?????

Discussion in 'General' started by 88BlueGT, Nov 5, 2009.

1. WE DID IT!!!!!!

Anyone going to the parade on Friday ?????

2. I concur.

It just goes to show how money can buy anything in today's world... even championships. :p

3. lol haha sorry all you Philly fans. Just didn't cut it this year! No offense but I cannot stand the damn Phillies. Lee, Victorino, Werth, Utley, etc.... SCREW EM! :hello: Martinez is the only person on that damn team I like, hes a good guy.

4. I'm not a Phillies fan either...but I'm a Red Sox fan, hence my disdain for the fucking Yankees

5. I'm not a Phils fan, but I'd be happy to be a Phils fan. Back to back WS appearances? Sign me up.

Utley is a monster, though.

I just hate seeing the Yankees go pick up everyone in the MLB for billions of dollars. It just doesn't make the sport fun to watch when the team with the most cash is the team that wins.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Cliff Lee after the gem he threw against them in game 1. :p

6. LoL haha I agree, the Phillies are beasts though I don't like them but I definitely wouldn't take that away from them. As far as the team with the most money winning you can't really say that, this is the Yanks first series since 2000! Its been a while. But yea I wouldn't be surprised either to see the Yanks throw out an offer on Utley or Lee hah The only one I REALLY hate on the Phillies is Victorino, and I honestly don't know why. He just rubs me the wrong way I guess :/

7. i am a yankees fan and i actually am in favor of a salaray cap in baseball because it would help level the playing field

but the yankees can afford to buy these players because their in the playoffs pretty much every year and have 27 rings, it would be the same way for any other team if they had as much success

8. #10 stickey_fingerz, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2009

no ther able to afford whoever they want because steinbrennar bought the yankees for some un-godly cheap amount(because of how long ago), but he doesnt need to invest as much monmey into the organization as the other teams that the owners spent multi-100 million dollars for the tam, he can spend all the money on the players because he has nothing else other then the running of the stadium to worry about...

wikipedia says he bought the team for 10 million dollars in the 60's.... the owners now are paying 400 million for a team no wonder they can't afford all these players

9. I didn't know you played for the Yankees.

10. No other team has fans as dedicated or as wide spread as the yankees. The Yanks get all the nice players and wreck shit year in, year out because us, the fans will it. Suck on that haters, better luck next year.

11. Fuck the Yankees.

12. I rooted for them to beat Philly, but I still hate both teams.

13. #15 88BlueGT, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2009
    haha

I salary cap isn't a bad idea. But at the same time, you cannot blame the Yankees for being able to afford all the "great" players. They earned everything they got and like posted above, the reason they can afford to do it now is because they have had so much success in the past.

But remember, they haven't won a WS since 2000! Noone argues about the Yankees until we win, than all the sudden people make it out to seem like were cheating or something because were stacked. The Philles are stacked too but I don't hear anyone saying shit about them.

And as far as the team goes, the yankees are THE all-american baseball team. They have respect, class and pride. As do most of their fans (definitely won't say all).

Remember, if people hate, we must be doing something right! And I guess 27 rings will prove that also. Think Girardi is gonna change his number to #28 next season???? haha hope so cause thats what were lookin at ;)

14. Yankees boy! :hello:

Fuck all the haters. :devious:

15. ^ Youre in fuckin LA..

Whats ya reason for liking the Yankees?

16. Born and raised in Brooklyn, grew up going to yankees games in the old stadium.

Didn't know I had to live in New York still to rep my team.....:rolleyes:

17. YANKEES!!!!! I felt like I was a little kid again watching the Yankees in 98. Such a great feeling. They deserve it. And kudos to Jeter, Mo, Pettite, and Posada. They've been on the team for so long now and I'm so glad they got to win.

And to all the haters, just face it - you guys lost. The Phillies played well, but can only win when Lee pitches. And the Red Sox... well they kind of just blow sorry. PAPELBON FTW!!!!

18. Also keep in mind that the Yankees have so much history affiliated with them which contributes to their popularity - Ruth, DiMaggio, Mantle..the list goes on. And in sports, popularity=money, which leads to the acquisition of strong players.

Bottom line, the Yankees weren't just born with all this money, they used to play on a polo field for christ's sake. They acquired it over time and now can use it to their advantage.