Where's a great place to see the stars

Discussion in 'General' started by flapjack1439, Oct 10, 2011.

1. So where is a good place to see the stars? i live by Chicago

2. The sky :laughing:

3. Uhhh, what he said. ^

4. Away from the city, try to find a place with not too much lights..

5. Ok well you know light pollution? wheres somewhere far enough from a city that's dark and i mean DARK

6. ye away from the shitty

7. I know away from the vity but ive been down south and its still fairly polluted with light still

8. South. Go to Carbondale. Get blazed on a clear night and stare at the sky. Unfucking real when you're from the city. At least every 45 seconds you see shooting stars.

9. #9 I RoLL Fatties, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011
    Take a nice little joy ride. Drive an hour or two away from the city but map it all out beforehand. Make sure to bring some good tunes and some dank bud. Maybe even bring a good friend along. I've done it before and it was great. You could also bring some warm blankets and some cold beers in a cooler and sleep in your car for the night (that's what I did anyways). Don't drive back that night if you're going to drink though. Stay safe and enjoy the wonderful stars. :D :smoke:

10. My backyard is nice. You're welcome to come on by. ;)

11. That's what she said :laughing:

Sorry, it's a habit :laughing:

12. My back yard is a good spot. I'm only like 30 min away from Chicago so there's still light pollution, but I can still make out alot of constellations.

13. Only read sky cuz thats what i was gonna say.. But somewhere with no city lights.. they leave a glow in the lower atmosphere(right word???) :smoke: and its hard to see the dimmer stars out there.. we used to hunt up north michigan and it was so rural up there no city lights even when you found a city.. it was unbelievable:D

14. well i'm sorry man but you're not gonna be seeing many stars anywhere in northern illinois.

15. To get real good dark skies, you need to be at least
    30 miles away from any city over 100k and
    ~50-75 miles from any city with more than 500k

I've had a telescope the majority of my life
    and have driven many miles a'lookin for dark skies