where you live; do you look at and acknowledge random people?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by letsmokeasweet, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Not everyone is so understanding! Generally, it's all cool and I'm happy for myself or my guys to explain things. But when a client is, to quote your own words, "bothering us with stupid shit," it gets old. You hired us for a reason.

And I've got a guy right now who's chattier than I am. And it's like herding a cat when he gets distracted. Maybe I should get him to wear headphones :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. I brought mine some. They were Bluetooth ones, a decent brand, for $25

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Last night the client was complaining about how long it took
    1-I told her she’s right and if I had known that I would have charged more
    2-later on she was asking me to move some dirt somewhere else. I rolled my eyes and told her she was just complaining about me taking so long lol

IM loosing it, need a break

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. I’m from the south so yea if you don’t acknowledge people with a head bob or a smile or a good morning/ evening/ night you come off as stuck up and rude.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. No, because I don't want to be pursued by pimps or others with intentions.

Sometimes, people take "Hi" the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong, I know how to fight, and I can defend myself against anybody physically, but I'd prefer not to.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. It actually depends. Sometimes, I find nothing wrong having eye contacts with strangers. Its maybe a gut feeling.

7. Yep. Everyone talks to everyone here. Sometimes it can be exhausting, but it's comforting at times too. Even you don't have any friends, you still have folks who know your face and vice versa. My gum consumption is an in-joke among me and the cashiers at our little grocery store. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of rude folks, but people around here generally have your back than you'd expect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sounds like you live in a small town.

9. Yep! Even the grocery store is a 20 minute drive away. Pretty far out from civilization here.

10. Okay now I'm totally jealous of you. I love small towns and just how peaceful and quiet they can tend to be. Here you get talked to by a random stranger you have to wonder what they motive us.

11. i think i would like to live in a small town. here there probably 20k people within a few
    miles of me

12. u can’t really trust anyone here

13. Well small compared to me my city has like 6 and a quarter million people in it.

14. Small towns are cool like that. Chat it up all the time with cashiers and the occasional person in line. I don't even know their names but I know their life stories lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Here you don't talk to people. And the only ones that do talk to people are asking you "hey man you got a cigarette or some change". I feel bad and sometimes I'll give them water.

16. Coming from brooklyn ny, 2.60 million folk, you dont say hi,and you dont let them out of your periphal. I live in upstate ny now,1800 folk here,its like that beatles tune, " good morning,good morning,good morning! and i do like it,but,small towns have their cliques, and evrybody wants to know your business,rumers get started...
    but thats tolerable, too many nyc folk aint tolerable.

17. I hate that. That's why I stay out of cities.

Rumors can get squashed too though. If I hear rumors about me its not too difficult to get it cleared up. Just gotta counter-gossip lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'm in ny, way to many leftists!

19. Things are just dandy in Ks.

20. I lived at ft riley , it was no fun lol

• Like Like x 1