where you live; do you look at and acknowledge random people?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by letsmokeasweet, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Balancing friendliness with situational awareness and suspicions isn’t an easy task.
    But then, in today’s world where we’re not promised any tomorrows even in the most bucolic of settings (thinking back to the Amish school massacre) it’s important to enjoy every minute of this life we have.
    Every minute which passes and each breath that we take are truly gifts..!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. And no I do not look around at random people and acknowledge them because I do not want to be noticed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. #23 Vee, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    Leave your penis alone...leaving your body accumulate a ready supply
    of male hormone does wonders for any fight or flight situation

please understand in Europe not looking at someone in the eye is looser-ville for you ..bigtime

4. Eh some people are cool most lean to the dickhead side

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thank you for the different perspective
    so in europe, everyone looks people in the eyes. if they don’t; they are weak??

• Like Like x 1
  7. Different?...No = standard...do a quick google
    More so in 'our' business than others, often you will have a shifty lil shit never wanting to look you in the eyes
    his masterbation is not my problem his lack of communication is ...
    quicker to be rid of this creep now than to face the likely consequences

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. #28 Dizzy, Apr 4, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    I'm Used to Being Stared At because I'm Pretty an Such but ion Meet There Gaze Unless My Hubby With Me So IK I'll Be Left Alone an Not Have Some Creepy Guy Bothering Me or W/E. I Don't Even Wanna Talk to Strangers Either because A) I Can't Talk Very Well an it's Embaressing an B) I Don't Trust People Who are Direct an in My Face Like that. If You See Me Out Just Leave Me Alone I Dont Want to Talk to Anybody I Don't Already Know an It Takes a Long Times for Me to Be Comfortable Around Someone IRL an Plus it Make Me Nervous to Be Approached By Strangers.

~Toni~

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. No, you never know how someone will interpret it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. i have no idea what ur saying but i think the gist of it is
    just
    ‘look people in the eye’

11. I feel this one on a deep level.
    I spent most of my life trying to be UNDER the radar.
    It’s one thing if people approach you, totally different story meeting the eyes of strangers on the street.
    Now I can definitely say that I do this WHILE being situationally aware most of the time. I always surprise my girlfriend with this lol

12. I feel this is just a culturally Australian thing. It's the "how ya going" stereotype. I grew up in a relatively small city in England, and people were generally quite cordial to one another but less often did that go beyond hello. That's a British thing - reserved but polite. In my general experience, Australians are much more open in acknowledging others (even if it's to tell a cunt to fuck off :laughing:).

Which suits my personality just peachy, since I'm a Chatty Cathy and I'll take an extra forty minutes going anywhere because I've stopped to have a chat or five.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. This is also why I'm nearly always wearing earbud headphones in public, I want to be left alone. Of course people these days are too dense to be situational aware and cannot be bothered to see you are wearing headphones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Most Times If ion Even Wanna Hear Peoples B/S They Saying or Talk I Just Leave My Hearing Aides Out too lol. Not Contacting Me. Unless You Know Sign Language.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. NY, where you mind your own business and don't acknowledge people unless there is a reason.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. No idea why somebody wants to know where I live.....It wouldn't do you any good anyways if I don't already know ya.

Upstate NY, for the record. Altho it IS weird to ask strangers this question.

17. I rarely talk to people passing by,,,except for neighbors I really know

18. i was telling one of my helpers to just wear headphones while he is working. especially if the clients talk a lot or interrupt us while we are working.

i tell them ‘let them talk and make a big gesture taking your headphones off and ask them what? sorry i was listening to music’

the first couple of times they will repeat what they said but after the third or fourth time they stop wasting our time and bothering us with stupid shit they will say sometimes. not really stupid, i mean they are all very nice and good people, just trying to get work done and we can’t if we keep getting interrupted .

• Like Like x 1
  19. I've gone so far as to ask a client to "please stop talking to the crew, you're costing yourself money."

And I'm still waiting for that bad review to roll in :laughing:

20. you know i have had people i hired tell
    me not to talk to the workers and i totally understand. i wish i could remember those conversations. i don’t want my worker wasting time talking

• Like Like x 1