where were you when the attacks on the wtc happened?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shadow88, Sep 12, 2011.

1. i was in school, 8th or 9th grade and i beat the hell out of a kid for laughing at the people jumping out of the towers. i knew at that point that i would be joining the military. i dropped out of highschool in the 11th grade when i was 16, got my ged when i was 17 and joined the army the week after, turned 18 in august and was in Afghanistan in September.

so where was you?

2. math class-6th grade

they called us in for an assembly and someone told me that we declared war on puerto rico and that was the reason for the assembly.

3. I was about 3 miles from where I am right now.

4. I was just about to leave for school. Turned on the news real quick, and shit got real.

5. 10th grade computer class.

I live close enough to Flight 93 that we were let out early that day from classes.

6. anyone you know get injured heart

7. 2nd grade. im 19 about 20 now. my mom freaked the fuck out. and came and got me out of school, i lived in iowa then a small farm town. lol wtf. but i guess im happy she cared about me.

8. The only structural damage I heard of was windows being blown out from the explosion after the crash. And no, I didn't personally know anyone on Flight 93 but I highly respect each one of them.

I think I remember someone saying that at the speed it was traveling and the distance I'm away from the crash site if it would've been in the air for another minute or two that there was a good chance it would've crashed somewhere in my town.

It's just surreal having something like that happen in what is basically your backyard. I have a close friend who owns a cabin maybe half a mile from where the plane crashed. I wasn't there that day but about a week after the crash we went down there and walked up through the fields, got as close as we felt was respectful and just watched everything going on. It's something that I'll never forget. Something that just sticks out in my mind.

I mean driving through my town there's signs pointing the way to the Flight 93 memorial. It's just a daily reminder.

9. I was in grade 8, wishing for something exciting to happen.

They rolled in a TV for us in math class to watch.

10. Down the street in ummm 4th grade, some class i cant remember. Probably.

11. I was in the 6th grade. I was beating off in the school bathroom

12. I was 9 at the time. I was just about to go home from school.
    When I went to my childminders house, I remember everyone watching the news and when my mam picked me up, she says 'did you hear what happened in America?'

13. 7th grade, 2nd period gym class... they announced over the intercom that football was canceled for the evening because of the attacks, everyone was pissed and some people were punching the lockers and shit. None of us really knew what had happened yet and everyone just wanted to play/watch football. Lol, seems so weird to think about now.

14. Grade School like...4

Remember me and my friends sitting by some tree talking about it. I live in Canada but shit once it happened shit was world wide in seconds.

15. i was in 4th grade. i remember one of the other teachers running into the class yelling TURN ON THE NEWS! and then we watched it all happen. but i didnt really understand what was going on until i got home and my mom explained it to me. from then until about the 6th grade i would freak (i guess kinda like a panic attack) every time i saw a plane in the sky because i thought it was gonna crash. :/

16. Went into work and my manager was crying. One of my co-workers told me about the crash (didn't have a T.V. at the time, I had just moved into an apartment like, 4 days before) and how my manager's daughter or something was in one of the towers.

We all ended up just leaving work. No one was coming in, and the manager was in the office bawling the whole time. We all cried a bit, I remember, and no one said anything about it. I thought that was nice.

17. who gives a shit where we were. all we need to remember is the people were who went through such a tragic catastrophy

18. 3rd grade. About 20miles from where I am now. I don't really remember, only that they announced it on the speakers.

19. why would it matter
    ?

20. I wasnt even born when that happened.