Where to trim plant?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Sean1989, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Looking for someone to help me where to trim my plants and what stems/branches i should be cutting?have read lots of info on it but im not sure if i should cut the bottom fan leaves off/the new branches coming out the same node as old fan leaves or just the new leaves coming off these branches? They are 3 weeks from sprout with 7-8 nodes Any help would be appreciated thanks

2. look at different ways of training and pruning on youtube , see what takes your fancy.

3. Pics of your plant needed. At 3 weeks theres probably nothing to trim. Trimming isn't always done by everyone anyways.

4. That photo was 2 days ago the new branches underneath are hitting the bigger fan leaves now so thought its time to trim but if it will be okay ill just leave as is, i worry too much haha

5. There's nothing to trim. Leave it alone, you'll do more damage then good. You're just being an overly worried new grower. You'll get over that with time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Thanks for reply i will leave it be,and yeah hopefully

7. You will bro. Every one is overly excited when starting a new hobby. Dont let your eagerness push you into making bad decisions. Sit back and relax. Let the plant do it's thing.

8. Yeah your right i am overexcited and eager! Lol is there a time you would trim them or would you just leave them?

9. It really depends and you're going to get a bunch of different opinions. Experiment and find out yourself. However unless you are growing a big plant/Long veg I wouldn't sweat it. 90% of the time trimming is unnecessary.

I lightly defoliate but I grow large plants in a scrog. Scrogs get very crowded and anything under the net becomes light starved and useless to me. You are nowhere near that point and unless you veg a long time won't be near it either

10. Nah ill only be vegging another 2 weeks or so,so not that big and being my first grow im not expecting huge amounts of bud,and what your doing sounds complicated to me

11. With only 2 more weeks at no point will trimming probably be needed bro. Personally I would lst a little bit and let her do her thing.

12. Yeah i prob wont trim it mate and i looked into that a little bit is that just tying the branches down a bit to grow out instead of up?

13. The branch that is between the big fan leaves and the main stalk you do NOT want to cut that is where the weeeeed grows

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yes but as you bend the branch each individual bud site will become a new top and start another branch. Same results as topping but you don't remove a top and can gain more then just 2 new tops

• Like Like x 3
  16. I seem to be having a problem that maybe you guys can help with,the leaves seem to be like a canoe and the tips are yellowing which seemed to have started at the top,they have been watered with 50% feed and 1ml/litre of cal mag with 400w hps and i ph'd the water to 6-6.5 i moved the light further away when i noticed and moved it again today,im not sure if its because how quickly they have grew, has been 2-3" in 2 days

Attached Files:

17. Shut off the hos and use white light like your house lighting for pics. Hps and led are horrible for pic taking

18. The cupboard theyre in is quite dark so just had to use flash on camera hope you can see them better

Attached Files:

19. They look good to be , the leaves dropping looks like a over watering issues. Lay off the water for a day and see if they perk up , if they do you’ve just learnt what over watering looks like :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1