Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Where to stay in Amsterdam?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by endo, Dec 10, 2006.

1. I will be flying in to Amsterdam on December 28 and will be staying for eight days.

Save for a few tokes in Bali in December of 2004, I haven't smoked any herb in over two years. (been working in Seoul where mary jane is difficult to find and doesn't mix well with the law)

Suffice to say I'm very excited.

With that said, does anybody have any reccomendations of places to stay in Amsterdam?

I don't want anything too cheap, but nothing too expensive as well. I want to be right in the heart of the action (i.e. coffee shops) and have easy access to other coffee shops around the city.

Thanks in advance.

2. I find it hard to believe someone who would go without smoking for 2 years would want to go to amsterdam. Sorry I don't have any recommendations.

3. What?!?

Just because he hasent smoked in two years, you find it hard to believe that he wants to go to Amsterdam? give me a break dude.

4. Well I have to assume that he moved to Seoul since he worked there. I just find that only die-hard stoners go to Amsterdam, and that someone that can go 2 years is not that die-hard. That's all. It's also the first post. Leave me to my opinion and I'll leave you to yours.

5. And why exactly would someone lie about going to Amsterdam; on the internet?? He also may be going for reasons other than just smoking cannabis.

To the OP: I've never had any experience with Amsterdam but I did a little research and found this website:

http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/General/Map.html

It is a map with the locations of 'Coffee Shops' in Amsterdam; clicking on the names will provide you with additional details of each shop.

I don't know how useful this will be to you, but I suppose you could look for accommodation in places which show an abundance of shops.

6. hey man if u find ne good spots pm me i em planning a trip to amsterdam.

7. x2. :thumbup:

8. When I was in Amsterdam I stayed at the Hotel Aalders. It is in the museum area, but we still walked to coffeeshops and the red light district. We arrived without hotel reservations and that was the first hotel we could find that would take us, but I liked it and it was moderately priced. I would recommend getting a Lonely Planet guide. We used them throughout Europe and they were a lot of help. Here is their online listing for hotels.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/accommodation/destination/amsterdam?

9. Thanks qwerty1234 and bluewoods for the responses. I'll check them out.

As for morganz0r; the climate in Korea for marijuana is down right hostile. If the police even suspect that you are using it they can test you without a warrant.

Plus my situation over here is great and I don't want to f it up, even if that means giving up herb.

However, I think about Mary Jane almost everyday. I smoked daily (mostly by myself) for two years before comming to Seoul to teach. I mean it was a daily ritual and I really respected it.

I'm really eager to see what it's like to smoke after this 2 year hiatus. For me, Amsterdam is not the kind of place I go to get messed up and party.

It's more of a spiritual pilgimage as silly as that may sound to some.

I'll be reuniting with my love. Even if it's only for a week.

10. go to the future caffe its spost to be #1 coffe shop in amsterdam i havent read nething bad about it. and its gona be my 1st destination when i go to amsterdam

11. What sort of price range we talking? 'Cos accomodation ranges from the very good to the insanely bad over there, often with not much difference in price. In fact, 'right in the heart of the action' is not the best place to sleep; it is noisy, dirty, more hazardous and hotels do get burgled sometimes. Oh, and apart from Susie's Saloon and Greenhouse, there are no decent coffeeshops there. And there are street 'dealers' crackheads and muggers galore round there.

For the best coffeeshops (and everything else, really), get off the main drag, away from Damrak and the Red Light Area, it really is hugely overated. Try Tweede Kamer, Grey Area, Cafe 420, Buschdocter. Bear in mind that you might not always want to smoke where you buy, and vice versa.

Amsterdam is a small city, you can walk it end to end in a few short hours, so you will never have too far to go to find what you want. Therefore, being slightly out of the way of the main tourist trap is not a big deal at all.

Feel free to PM me for more tips.