Where to start..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Saul Goodman, Jun 1, 2009.

1. I'm thinking on starting to grow. What should I start with? Is that Grow Kit from the city any good? If so, what else do I need besides the grow kit to get started? Does the grow kit come with basic instructions?

From what I understand it's pretty straight forward, but then at the same time it sounds so complicated.

:confused:

2. Well the first step is to get your hands on some seeds =P

Also, it really isn't THAT hard. Look thru some of the stickies on here. They all point to the same: Light, air, and a medium. It really is that simple. For your first grow, I think you should have a less is more attitude. Chances are if you are messing too much with different soils and additives and nutes etc etc, you have a higher chance of killing the plant.

The most common mistake, it seems, is overwatering and/over feeding nutes. Just remember, every living thing feeds nutrition, but too much of a good thing will always turn into a bad thing.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

3. well honestly the first step for someone asking your questions should be to read and keep reading. Really the stickies do a great job at answering the basic questions you have. As for ordering from the city, not sure never ordered from them.

But Koopa has it right, Less is more...dont go over board on first grow. As you have more grows add something to improve the set up(most of time Nutes arent the answer to improve yield for new growers, Grow conditions are far more important)

Good luck,
    _numb_