where to start?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 10tfloyd, Nov 14, 2012.

1. So I just got the green light on a room to grow in. I don't really plan on transforming the whole room, just set up what I need. I'd like to grow 3-4 plants with some bag seeds. So right now I'm trying get equipment up. Lights, soil, potd ect., what would you recommend? My friend said that is was imperative that I use a high pressure sodium/ HID light in blue spectrum?

2. Just get 4-6 42w CFL's. It would work great. A lot easier. A lot cheaper.

3. 600w HID w/cool tube

Roots Organic soil

250-400 CFM fan

oscillating fan

Advanced Nutrients sensi grow&bloom

4. [quote name='"BYOweed"']600w HID w/cool tube

Roots Organic soil

250-400 CFM fan

oscillating fan

Advanced Nutrients sensi grow&bloom[/quote]

Can I get all this locally? Like home depot

5. Not the soil. Well...you can get it locally, but not at home depot. You should look for a nursery or hydro store for soil. I like masters pride brand best. Fox Farms is ok. I haven't tried the Roots brand yet but I liked their bottled nutrients just fine (although now I make my own). Just make sure your soil is organic and doesn't have any time released nutrients. That's VERY important. The soil and lights are the last place you want to cheap out. That is what makes or brakes your grow.

As for the grow equipment, check Craig's list. I bet you will be able to find a lot of it locally for a good price. A lot of people are upgrading this time of year and looking to sell off their old stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Would lowes/hd have the 600 hid w cool tube? And why do I need CFM and oscillating fan? What kind of cfm fan?

7. Or cfm the power? So like a 400 CFM pulling air out of the room?

8. if at all possible try to get some decent genetics via seed or clone. the effort applied will be the same as using bag seed but with solid genetics you will end up with a product that is higher in quality and quantity. its well worth the effort if you can get your hands on decent seeds or cuts.

9. #9 CBM, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
    Check out Atlantis Hydroponics if your in GA. The only thing I buy is the Fox Farm Ocean Fresh soil and potting containers, everything else i've found online cheaper. Looks like you have a lot of research to do bro before you get started. Start reading this two books and you shall have all your answers.

This is a great book to get your feet wet.
    - Marijuana Grow Basics: The Easy Guide for Cannabis Aficionados

Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible
    - This is an advanced book and I still refer to it all the time. It can be confusing at first, but can be an easier read if you read the Basics first.

I even think you can d/l them for free thru a torrent.

p.s. Your location details are so sure!! lol

10. Sounds awesome, thank you guys! And what do my location details say? I rarely get on the computer, I'm on the GC app on my droid

11. Go here before you do anything - Absolute Beginners - Grasscity.com Forums

It will be worthwhile for you to do some reading before you start spending money on items you know nothing about. Read for a few days, get some general knowledge and then spend - not the other way around.

I'm not trying to be rude or sarcastic - Im trying to be helpful.

j

12. Thanks again to all of you! Anywhere else in the world, people would have just talked shit or something like that. I love this forum and it's people! :) I'll check out that thread and maybe some books before I dive in head first.