Where to start.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mr Unknown, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Question, where do I start?

Where do I start with growing? I want to learn, I want to know, I want to grow. Being 18 and living with parents makes it difficult to do so. So I want to expand my knowledge and learn everything I can now, so when I do move out and start, I'm not setting up for failure.

I picked up that the best knowledge of growing is from experience, and that's something I won't have for awhile. So I'm looking for a starting point, what to read, what to buy, what I need to exceed.

I can tell you I will start off with soil for the first few and then try hydrophonics (sp?) and see which of the two I prefer. Hoping someone here can give me a starting point or some books to look into.

Thanks for reading, hope to get some good responses. Have any questions, ask away.

Unknown.

2. Go and read through all the stickies in the cultivation sub forum. Once u finish this ask specific questions so we can give you specific answers. Nothin is worse than Someone asking to have all the info laid out in front of them when said info is already strategically placed perfectly throughout the site and the site has a search bar too.

3. Check out some grow journals...find a few you like, or that you think you'd like to try something similar to...

Gain experience vicariously by living through the trials and tribulations of other growers...

4. [quote name='Mr Unknown']Question, where do I start?
    Where do I start with growing? QUOTE]

Hi Mr Unknown,
    Well the simple answer to your question is 'you start right here & you stay right here.'
    You can buy all of the expensive grow books you want & you won't find any better information than contained right here at Grass City.
    You take an author of one of the best grow books available, say as an example,
    one of Jorge Cervantes books such as The Marijuana Grow Bible. An excellent book which I purchased when first starting out and he has what? 30 years grow experience or here at GC the participants have what? a thousand years, two thousand years collective growing experience? and it's free. I believe that makes it a better bang for your buck.
    Don't get me wrong Jorge came out with the first real book on growing, I believe & is considered in some circles the godfather of growers and rightfull so.
    Cheers my friend & good luck on your quest. It's a fun trip.:D

5. Step one: research. Step two: get your own place. Do not grow at home without the parents' approval, that is a douche-bag move and is the ultimate disrespect towards the people that raised you, house you, and feed you, among other countless sacrifices they've made. Learn all you can in the meantime so that you have a knowledge base once you are in a suitable situation.

If you aren't ready/capable of living on your own, then you aren't ready to grow weed.....it's a case of putting the cart before the horse.

6. And as other have mentioned, all the info is needed here on the site. You just have to do the work and read/use the search button as no one is going to do the work for you and spoon feed you the info. Good luck and happy learning.

7. Thanks for the help guys, just got the book, gonna read that, along with the stickies.

Not looking for spoon fed answers, just a good starting point.

Thanks again.

8. #10 Doc-J, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
    Definetly read, read, read. In the mean time find some indoor house plants or outdoor ornamentals that you like and grow those for a while. All plants are different but gaining general knowledge of horticulture will give you a head start.