Where to start in getting more connections?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Tigrane, Aug 10, 2016.

1. This is a quick question... I'm 18, male, pretty solitary, and I've been realizing more and more that I'm kinda on and like being on my own for a lot of stuff, and being a quite solitary person I have never really had interest in creating more "acquaintances".

It's when I first found out that there was a bigger group of smokers in our town than had I thought and I've just felt so at home and thought I could begin trying to know my way around in a way...

I'm not talking about more pot smokers, I'm already well surrounded haha, I'm talking about like connections just in general for just people and the community.

2. Any time you have a conversation with someone, be more engaged. Be enthusiastic/charismatic, work on that and storytelling. Read people, body language is easy to read -it's not a tell all - it does speak more than words however.

When you're with a cashier, up their mood, find something funny to say, brighten their day...it sucks being stuck there all day, most will be appreciative of it.

Be yourself, just talk to someone if you feel like they may be a good match for yourself (I believe all can match and be friends). If you find a commonality in conversation ask for their number to hang out and so on.

I get where you're coming from.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dude I feel you. At the end of the day, it is just being responsible and have great ethic, and laughing and loving yourself(by extension everyone else). That will subconsciously bring people to remember you no matter where you are, and when they remember you they'll tjink"hey, that kids alright". Social currency its called.

If you want to hurry up the process, these are the things I did.

What are your interests? Join a club or community group.

Job's are great.

Go running and walking a lot in your neighborhood

Go to the pool a lot

Go hiking/running/biking/unicycling on local trails

Talk to your neighbors.

Joining a gym is great as well.

Join a local sports team

I was in a unicycling troupe for a while, that was fun

Play Pokemon go

Volunteer places, just look at flyers around town

Where I really took off was community college. That's where you meet people(if you actually take the time to talk to people, join a club, join in social on-campus activities. Nothing will happen if you're not trying). Especially if you are getting one certain degree, you will spend a lot of time in one department. Even though I am getting a science degree, I love music so most of my electives are music. I am getting really involved in my college's music department.

Those are things that have helped me get more involved in the local scenery since I moved 45 mins away from my hometown, closer to the big city(wash DC). Good luck man

Sent from my LGLS775 using Grasscity Forum mobile app