where to sell used grow equipment?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mindismoving, Apr 29, 2011.

1. hey gc i've just upgraded to digital ballast and i want to get rid of my old 400W HPS ballast, plus i have a spare T5 unit i could let go of too, but i don't know where would be best to sell it? i guess ebay is alright, but there are online want-ad forums for pretty much everything else.. is there one for used grow lights?? let me know what you guys think.

2. Craigslist.org

3. I'd say if your not in dire need of $$ then hold on to it. Who knows you may decide to increase the size of your garden down the line.
    ~spacejerk234

4. or you could sell it to someone on here through ebay for a really cheap price ;]

(hint)

5. Yea used equipment is hard to sell, and you usually get crap when you do. I'd say hold on to it just in case. You never know, the new ballast might blow out and you have to hook the old one up as a spare.

6. If you buy or sell via craiglist be carefull. Had an owner of a grow shop tell me he's aware of police using it as a trap locally. Basically the routine is they list lights for sell, you go to buy, they try to be your bud and offer to smoke up, you offer incrementing information, and the rest is history. So lights aren't illegal, but what words come out of your mouth can get you into trouble. :rolleyes:

Of course, this could all be bs. and he's saying that to get people to buy from him. But the whole scenario is feasible.

7. What you trying to sell?

8. that video thing above is fucking funey as fuck my frend

9. Thor comes out Friday night. Can't wait!

10. Just be careful but craigslist would probably be fine if you need cash. And i must say that is one of the best banners ive seen :smoke:

11. Craigslist, which I've been meaning to use

as I now have a hanger full of gear to sell

but often have found that I'm glad I've not sold it

and often re use old gear for some new stunt

...lol

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  12. I know this is a pretty old thread but I was just doing some research on where to sell some used Galaxy ballasts I want to get rid of. I don't have a store near me that takes consignment or used equipment. CL seems like a decent option, but has anyone used growtrader before?

13. throw them babies on craigs list they will be gone in hours depending on where you live . in mi i used to buy sell and trade equipment on craigs list i used to buy brand new at a discount and sell it at a small mark up they sell like crazy . idk why i stopped doing it guess i just got bored

14. Well I got $100 to inVest in lights and CFLs just don't sound to feasible unless I'm growing in tight spaces

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Craigslist is a great start for you then

good luck

16. Keep finding over priced junk. Amazon has full hid setups for less than $200. Think I'm going to get a cheap fluorescent setup for cheap use that for veg hopefully in a month I'll have the extra cash to get real lights. I only really have experience with outdoor so this is kinda strange. 6500k veg and 2700k flower is what most sources say. Now running a 25w led and 2 plant lights. Works but barely.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app