Where to put seedlings

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ciminin, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Hey, Im going to start growing in a few weeks and i cant find a good soil so a friend told me to get organic soil and put super thrive in so that probably what im gonna do unless you guys know anything better and I was just wondering, on all the guides it says put the plant in the soil with nutrients after 2 weeks and i just wanted to know what am I supposed to do for the first 2 weeks after germination?

2. Do a mixture of half Fox Farms Ocean Forest and half Happy Frog, its a great starter soil solution. Also, SuperThrive is the shit, it gets my clones going every time.

3. no fox farms where i live and too expensive for me anyway

4. What are you planning on fertilizing with? I use organics with soil, and usually make my starter mix with a starter fertilizer mix that is gentle. Because they break down slowly, seeds can be started in the soil with the starter fertilizer. If you're using chemical fertilizers, wait until you're at the 4th set of true leaves before fertilizing.

As for the mix, you don't have to get fox farms. It's around $20 a bag in our area...way too much for soil imo. If you can, go to a freestanding garden store, and look at their organic mixes. Get something without a lot of wood chunks, and no added fertilizer. If it's not already added, get some perlite to add to the mix. I also like to add around 20% worm castings.

5. you can always go out and get sure to grow inserts, hail or 1.5" cubes they retain good amount of moisture and are very breathable.. you can do a mini dwc for literall 20 bucks and the sure to grow is not exspensive at all. i took a small 2gallon tupperware with lide drilled a spot for netcup got an airstone and airpump.. the most money was my nutrients and i bought the technaflora starter kit wich was 40 bucks.. if you do that use regular ph'd water for 2 weeks and then start the veg recipe then when you flower switch to flowere recipe fluch the last 4 weeks..

6. As a new grower be prepared to spend some money. You are going to find all sorts of things that will be needed to combat all kids of possible problems, like Nutrients, Airflow, Smell, Pest Control, the list can go on. Good soil is VERY important for Marijuana, its what the plant relies on for its nutrients and its "base" to hold on to. Fox Farm Happy Frog is good for seedlings. I mix that with Perlite 50/50 for a really light soil that seedlings LOVE...

At home depot or a garden store, get a bag of Dolomite Lime and grind it up in a coffee grinder or similar, mix that in your soil at 2 Tablespoons per Gallon and you'll never have to worry about PH problems again, you can feed your plants any PH water and it will adjust itself :)