Where To Order Gear During Covid??

Discussion in 'General' started by RyeDog, Jul 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. #1 RyeDog, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Hi all - I placed an order with Grasscity shop 48 days ago bc the forum has been such a solid place to turn to, but whatever Covid stuff is happening must be super delaying things. So in the mean time, is there a dependable website (that ships from within the continental US) that is recommended for glassware, pipes and accessories? And btw what shipping specs or other details should buyers like me look for in this crazy time to better avoid this kind of trouble? Thanks.

re: my Grasscity order... USPS says a label was printed but is not yet in the system, while GC Tracking says it's already on its way to my country - the US (by ship maybe?) - but that status has gone unchanged now for 45 days.

Haven't experienced anywhere close to this kind of delay from any other shippers I use, domestic or intl. Naturely I understand delays in this crazy crazy time, but if it takes 45 days just to depart the nation (or facility) it ships from - I really wish they were currently alerting people to that reality on their site rather than saying they're "fully stocked and taking orders" like all is pretty much normal. Customer service sent me a Covid form letter.

2. let me add that now in the 7th week of the items not being shipped, I have received over 15 promotional emails - some assuring me that they're still open & offering big sales in the time of Covid. There just not shipping a thing out it would appear. So who in that company has time to sit down & write + distribute Covid promo emails, and has time to process payments and keep our money - but has no manhours to ever ship anything out? Shady much?

It's a shame that the good name of this forum has to be forever linked to the absolute buzzkillers in the GC shop.

3. id get intouch again with the GC shop because youve said you are getting emails so some one is there.,i see you have emailed them,,but with every thing slowed down who knows when thing will get back to normal ..bet you'l will get it but you'l have to wait ,,just keep bothering them till you get a real reply ..mac,

4. Yeah for sure, just did that today. Starting to think it was stolen - not bc I'm oblivious to world events, but bc I researched the sorting facility and departing nation's ports (Netherlands) and they're in relatively good shape. Odd that it would sit untouched at that very first leg of the journey for nearly two months.

BUT MY FIRST QUESTION WAS SINCERE - WHERE'S A GOOD PLACE TO BUY?
    Luckily I did find threads for that here. Guess the real burn for me is how carefully & lovingly I made my selections and how excitedly I awaited their arrival - which no refund or link to another shop can soothe. Luckily though, weed can.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sorry about my reply never read it properly ,,most seed/head shops in uk and europe ,and usa will post to you ,,but this covid has really slowed every thing down ,,,but looks like you had a look around here at GC to get some idea about who ships etc ,,,luck with your order ,i am sure your get it eventually ,,mac,