Where to meet new friends

Discussion in 'General' started by maryjane33, Mar 23, 2009.

1. I dunno if this is the best place to ask this but I'll give it a shot anyway.

I've got few friends between home and school. I lived in rez for two years and only met maybe 3-4 good friends. I'm a shy person and want to try to meet NEW people. The only place I can think of where you'd be with people you never knew would be school residences. I need help finding places I can go to meet new people. I thought about school clubs but everyone seems to go with friends and no one is in the same boat as me (wanting to meet NEW people). I'm perfectly happy going places myself if I need to (mall, food, etc) but I want more ppl to talk to.

I feel reeeally awkward when I am trying to make friends, almost like an inferiority complex where I think "they probably think im wierd or something".

2. go to concerts, maybe a cool coffeshop, parties...

3. How about through work ?

I've always seemed to meet a lot of cool people from the places I've been employed at.

4. Honestly, everyone else is thinking the same thing you are... "I wonder if they think I'm weird"

If you want to meet people to be friends with them, find things you like to do and find other people that like to do that and start a bond over that.

If you just want to meet people you can walk down the street and offer hugs/handshakes

5. I want to meet people to be friends with, not have random ppl look at me like I'm some mental case who talks every person they see in the street.

As for work, I work in a specialized industry with people who are older than me (i'm in intern). I might work a bit in the summer when i go back to school even tho my parents say "focus on school and dont worry about commitments to work".

6. Adult arcades.

7. Kick Backs, Partys, Weed seshes, start talking more with people at schooll go to the club

8. I have met so many friends snowboarding. I love it, everybody on the mountain is so friendly and chill. If you want to meet new friends, go to parties (which may be a problem if you do not have many friends :( ) You often make friends if you are put in a position where you have to be around people all day, like school for example. Perhaps volunteer somewhere, and talk to other volunteers? :confused:
    Idk though...
    Good luck :)

9. uh i'm sure weed would be your answer. let mary jane lead you to new friends. shit man, i used to be antisocial. till i puffed the herb. looks like you need to do it more or something.

10. fuck what your parents tell you on your emotional needs its not that hard go to a place of your interest man i meen fuck what interest you do titties interst you well then go to a tittie bar or a strip club or somethin dude go meet some guys there talk about titties pussies and how you both share a interest in them and shit and start mingleing and shit then atleast you guys will have something to build off of you know or if you have other interest go to those places of interest ja no wat i meen.

11. This. :)

I've met new dealers from work at restuarants, met girls to hookup and party with, met generally cool people who were fun to hang out with.

I am a pretty shy person myself and rarely make friends from sitting next to people in class. More often I make friends by just kind of sliding my way inbetween all the friends of a group who I relate with. I haven't had any problems fitting in and being accepted even though I am shy I have a lot to bring to the table, I am confident with who I am and if I enjoy someone's company who I think brings something to the table, and when I say that I simply mean someone who isn't a fucking bland tard. Someone who plays an instrument and likes to jam out, has similar interests to me and whatnot.

12. yea, my dad rides motorcycles with my uncle, and he meets a ton of people through that. he gets guys numbers all the time haha. hell one time he stopped to get a coffee in 7-11, and some guy went up to him and they started talkin bout bikes. the guy gave him his number and now he goes on all kinds of bike trips with my uncle and stuff. he's even been mixed into the hells angles indirectly lmao. not a fun group of guys tho...

13. bar/club. anywhere you like to go to have fun. hell, anywhere period.