Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Where to grow in CA???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NaturalMysticJa, Mar 25, 2011.

1. I am on the hunt for a home to live and grow in, in California. I have hit a lot of dead ends (Permit requirements with counties/cities, lack of rental availability, lack of things to do, HIGH rent.) I should add that I'm actually driving around the state and looking as we speak. I have lived and worked in Trinity County for 2 years so I'm used to isolation but I'm looking to switch gears and have somewhat of a social life. Any suggestions?

2. If I was going to set up a grow op, I would probably want a decently secluded house, so maybe you should find a house thats semi-isolated but near enough to a population for you to have a social life?

3. Right. I should mention where I've been looking and what I've seen....

Butte County: Chico & Paradise require cultivation permits...County is in the process of this as well

Lake County: Aside from Lakeport, you can likely grow but there is nothing going on aside form some tweekers and Clear Lake

Santa Cruz County: My top choice but I've been searching for months and have only applied to 3 properties. Tells you how competitive it is.

Tahoe: Potentially could work but they're WELL aware of the 'grow house' risks.

Emerald Triangle: Probably headed back to the old stomping grounds to do some leg work and hopefully lock something in if all else fails.

Sonoma County: Has potential but try finding something in Sebastopol or Healdsburg, the only cool towns that I know of in the county. Open to suggestions here..

Anything else?

4. You're in CA, don't be a ******.

5. so what are you saying?

6. I'm saying your being a little motherfucker because you live in CA and are asking where to fucking grow MARIJUANA which fucking grows in CA legally. Like really wtf ******?

7. I was gonna say look around Santa Cruz, can't beat the deep seclusion of the redwoods, and as far as social life is concerned downtown and the boardwalk and steamboat are all great, people are starting to find out about this place though so rents probably a bitch, Soquel and other suburbs get cheaper but im not sure how secluded they are,

8. Well I guess you don't follow the news. You are right, I should legally be able to grow anywhere but I honestly don't have the money to fight it out in court.

9. Yea I've stretched my search to all corners of Santa Cruz County. It's an EXTREMELY tough market for obvious reasons.

10. No it's not legal, don't listen to that moron.. he's a troll, look around. Are you looking to grow indoors or outdoors?

11. Yes he is. My first choice is outdoors but it's tough to find a good spot. Gotta spend some time doing the legwork. Indoors is certainly a good option though.

12. Paradise is a SUPER nice place. Had a cabin up there but had to sell it ;/

SACRAMENTO!!!

13. Whatever you do, make the smell go out of the TOP of the house so no one can smell it, and keep it cool in there too so you won't be on heat radars from helicopters. This is if you are growing indoors, and I would go with Sacramento.

14. People liking the SAC-life? I know it's a city and all but is there much to do?