Where to go, where to go?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by CallMeZ, May 13, 2011.

1. I've decided that it may be time to pick up and start somewhere new. Ideally I would like to be somewhere with wind and water for kiteboarding, somewhere fairly open (I'm a straight male cam model so somewhere where that kind of thing isn't totally unheard of would be cool), an overall fairly positive view of marijuana (something like Cali or what I have heard about Canada), and somewhere that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg.

I've got a couple years of college under my belt but no degree (couldn't figure out what the hell I wanted to major in because I'm not interested in a "normal" job). Ideally I'd like to be a recreation guide of some sort. Teaching kiteboarding, group tours, I don't know. Something along those lines. I really want to explore my hobbies and find out which of them I want to make money with. I've made money from fast food to online video gaming to reselling items. I've got a little experience in a lot of areas and I've never been bad at anything so I'd be totally open to trying something new (glass blowing recently caught my attention as a really beautiful art).

I'm seriously thinking about heading to California and from what I hear Canada can be a great place. I really admire the Canadian pride I see in sports and such (GSP is a fucking manimal). However, I don't know too much about Canada. Any help on ANYTHING from this jumbled post would be awesome.

Thanks everyone and keep it real.

2. California has a pretty positive view on Marijuana, parks, awesome weather, always something to do, theaters/stores are everywhere, snowboarding/ bungee jumping like an hour away, Beach can be close,20 min. From where I live) and it's not too expensive (My dads the only one that works and supports me n my mom n 2 siblings, just working in maintanence). Been living here forever so I can't compare to anything, but I think it's the best place in the world no doubt :) We can even toke up together haha :) (no homo)

3. I definitely appreciate the input, Nervousness. If anyone else wants to put in their 2 cents by all means do so.

4. Come to Canada. Most square foot of awesomeness per capita than anywhere else. :D

5. Iran, definitely, Iran.

6. I'm leaning towards Canada right now I think. The only thing that I can think of as a con is that taxes are higher. I don't really mind taxes so this isn't much of a deterrent. If anyone else has any cons please feel free to list them.