Where to get QB's??

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by Slammer, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Ordered some from Growers Lights and im canceling the order due to the god awful customer service. So need a dif go to.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. when you say modules do you mean individual LEDs? as in bin diodes we could solder ourselves? or do u mean small clusters of Samsung LEDs when you say modules? very interested. i have worked with LEDs for years as far as building things goes, im interested in accomplishing my very own handmade light someday

3. The providers I posted build the lights, you still need to put them all together, but not the diodes. Here's an interesting playlist for you though.

4. yes yes yes! THATS the kind of stuff i do! all the way back to the old days of PS2 mod chips (we cloned the DMS4 pro by hand LMAO) custom car underlighting, youname it, we did it. and i could so easily spread that skill into the field of LED grow lights... im so beyond infatuated with building a 360degree light cabinet. i TRULY want to do this

• Like Like x 2
  5. as in a cabinet with LED panels spread as close together and evenly as possible across the entirety of the cabinet, includint the floors which would be clear Lexan ^_^ so would the walls, and there would be seperation between the LEDs and the box the plants sit in. with airflor between the walls removing all the heat. i have BIG plans. built in replacable carbon cartidges, perfect humidity control. omg i could go on forever about my plans *evil laugh*

• Like Like x 2
  6. lol, I'm like you, have some cool diodes I want to put together, but can get pretty expensive. Definitely learning a lot though. Next month, or so, I plan on putting together a 680,690,700 build, but still need to design a board for them... so lazy busy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. im inerested in following you through this journey if ur willing ^_^ i love building things!

8. well... its going to be after xmas as I broke my bank.
    Here's a thread on RIU I started and ran into problems (ie. the footprint), so I will be responding once I get the matter sorted out. I may just send them in to cutter, but I may order the boards from a heatsink place. Not sure yet.

9. interesting, i just read the entire thing lol. looking forward to hearing about your results with far red testing! thats all very interesting stuff, i had ideas to build a red version of the 360 box if it ever works out. actually it would have been more like red/white with no blue by itself type deal

• Like Like x 1
  10. what are your thoughts on 360 degree light? think it has potential? or do plants need to striclty have overhead lighting? i realize this is uncharted territory but i really think about it every damn day

11. There are people who have used the rotogrow system with cannabis, so it works, but their system has the light in the middle. I scrog and am happy with the results, so never put too much thought into 360'. I see some people on GC have lighting on their walls...

12. So basically there is no place that has qb 132s in stock??

13. Thanks a lot
    I was thinking about complete side coverage.
    Now with the glass. Now I want the floor too lol
    It never ends. I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. lmao were the same! haha, im telling you man its an obsession!! ive got a huge settlement coming in a few weeks, and i plan on building my clear grow box (plastic scratch proof Lexan, not glass tho jesus haha) i want QB's from top to bottom! im telling you it'll be the SHIT.. and if its not and my plants end up looking like a wooly mammoth i'll just sell it online for a rediculous price lol but i TRULY want to try a grow like this. why not right? maybe i'll be onto something major ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. plexiglass not window panes is what I meant. No glass glass please[​IMG]
    That’s awesome $$$ go get!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. hey dude, it was you i was talking to about the QB96's right? i believe it was you who was running a passivly cooled set of 2 of them???!!! i think i want THOSE in the top of the box, and QB's on the sides, nice ones. WHERE can i find those 96's man? i lost track of where we were talking about that... at least im pretty sure it was u... im gearing up to buy a couple so i need a link brahhhhh

• Like Like x 1
  17. I run a twin setup passively cooled. Here’s the link to them.

QB96 Elite V2 Engine

02318A84-4C12-4B3D-87BD-A20F9B8A11B6.jpeg 5A7B9C6F-5779-4A4C-99B4-AE766D684290.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  18. YES! it was you! thank you SO much for the link. im getting 2 of them to start. i can run these at about 180-200Watts couldnt i? or is it only 170 with the passive cooling? and tell me about what u think of these... their basicly the shit right?

also is there a decent driver that could run 2 of these lights? (theres just so many of them)

19. You have options. I run two on a HLG -320H-54a driver. It’s about 350 watts draw, plenty for 2x4

If you want 180-200 watts per board, HLG-185H-54a per each board

Or if you want up to 240 watts an HLG-480H-54a driver per two boards.

Make sure you get the engine kit with the heatsink and not just the board