Where to find the best hemp wick?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by StimulateMyMind, Dec 25, 2011.

1. I got a 25$ gift card and wanna spend 10 on the gc shop for the rasta shotgun steamroller, and then use what's left for a hemp wick but I dunno which to get. What's some good cheap brands that have a lot of length for about 10$?

2. I've never used hemp wick but I heard humboldt is the best & ital smells like shit after it goes out

3. i got a 100 feet of humboldt wick for christmas and I'm so stoked!

4. I second Humboldt - they're great.

5. Ive got like 200 ft of humboldt, best thing ive ever bought

6. FYI, was just looking at the humboldt hempwick site and they have a buy 1 get 1 free special going right now

7. Humboldt > Beeline? Or vice versa?

8. Bee line is the best quality, I was a bit disappointed with humboldt.

Bee line is much more smooth, has better wax, and the hemp is fully unbleached, compared to some batches of humboldt which can vary, batch to batch... when humboldt sells theirs on ebay, they even use the words 'bee line' in an attempt to attract customers. ;)

hemp wick | eBay

9. OP, you've been given several sources to obtain hempwick, but to find out the answer as to which is the best for you, I would suggest writing to the manufacturers and asking for a sample.

I believe they will do this.

10. Cool - I always thought bee line was what you wanted... I ended up ordering some last week so I was almost second guessing myself. Sounds like I won't be disapointed :cool:

11. I like humboldt because it tastes the best and its hand made. beeline also varies in color like from brown to black and I've seen some rolls of beeline that are so old they are rotten on the inside, prob from sitting in a warehouse somewhere for like 2 years before it hits the customers. beeline also smells like trash and humboldt smells delicious. just my opinion

12. wow, if you look at those ebay listings you can really tell that humboldt outsells beeline by a mile. looks like the customers have spoken

13. Bee line distributes largely to retail vendors, 'humboldt traders' are college students operating primarily on ebay. Most people like the name humboldt and are a bit too quick assume it automatically means 'better'. :)

Personally I like bee lines thick wick... you can split it down the middle, 400 ft of premium grade wick, for less than 20 bucks :D

I go through a few rolls a year.. but I'd never invest in a large quantity of humboldt, personally. I've admittedly tried smaller packs that weren't so foul, but they still vary heavily.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS - I have NEVER heard of bee line 'rotting', that sounds more than a bit made-up. It's made of dried organic hemp, and organic beeswax. Humboldt would be just as likely to rot, if it were possible. ;)

14. you just heard it! lol. so you smoke butter with your beeline? havent heard of that one :p

15. Hey all, just had to get in on this as I'm from Humboldt! So, last summer I was working at a headshop and we literally NEVER sold a beeline when a customer came in--they all wanted the humboldt stuff. The main highway comes right through here and people traveling from all over the country were stopping in for the humboldt wick. In my mind, Humboldt>Beeline all the way. Personally, I love that humboldt is handmade and not machined like the beeline. Also heard that beeine is made in china but "owned and distributed" in hawaii which is a classic scandalous technique used when people are trying to trick the customers. whatever. Just use what your body likes the best. BTW, humboldt is made by this old hippy dude that always REEKED of ganja everytime he came into the shop! LMFAO... humboldt is such a crazy-awsome-weird place.

16. I'm only voicing my opinion as a customer, and after traveling and seeing what more folks are familiar with using world-wide.

But Kushygirl, it does certainly make sense that locals would support locally made products. :)

'Friendlybear', is there some business-related reason that nearly every post you've made on GC since July has been promoting humboldt wick, and that you're sitting in this thread each time I've checked back here over the last two or three hours, or is that last bit just so you can lie in wait to make up fanciful stories about a product, which you simply prefer not to use? :D

But seriously though, no, I don't 'smoke butter' with my bee line :p I run several stickied threads on a few different cannabis related forums, and I like to show new glass and new vaping/smoking 'paraphernalia', when I happen to have new arrivals show up, during a tutorial. :)

That being said, bee line is still quite a bit more popular, the fact humoldt traders uses the bee line product name to advertise their own, is only more evidence to support that.

I'll leave you guys with their websites, and a bit of info: humboldt not only rides on bee line's reputation, but they use other brand names to get business, and before May, the humboldt website didn't even say what kind of wax they were using, let alone whether or not it was organic..

Maybe it's not a huge deal for other people, but I like to know what I'm smoking, personally. :)

People also use bee line for tying down bamboo stakes in their grow rooms, because it's so rot resistant. :D

Beeline Hawaii - "the world's finest hemp wick"

About Us « « Humboldt Hemp Wick Organic Lighter Humboldt Hemp Wick Organic Lighter

So to help make up your mind, without us 'internet strangers' telling you to pick our favorites, just take a look at bee line, and their product description, and their processing methods, and then humboldts website. Decide for yourselves who you trust, and who seems more professional. :)

PS - Just surfed their site again, and noticed that the folks at bee line offer free trade-ins, for those who've been duped into purchasing an inferior, knock-off wick.. so if you buy something that you're disappointed with, they are confident enough in their product, that they'll replace another vendors low-quality brand for you!

17. beelasso.com