Where to find CHEAP 150 watt HPS light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HansMoleman, Jan 22, 2008.

1. I'm looking for a cheapo 150 watt hps light. I read somewhere that there's a website you can find one for 20 bucks on? Any help is appreciated.

2. go to htg supply and get your 400w digital hps with reflector and hortilux bulb 205 shipped
    pay the price youll only find a 7ow hps at lowes and youll be upset its floodlight not grow light
    beside 150 w will get you 1/4 oz maybe on one plant
    not even worth the trouble

3. I dunno about $20, but you can try Home Depot and Lowe's for that wattage. Check in the security lights section, not the regular lightbulb section. You'll have to do a little wiring...

4. It would just be for a single plant in the closet so I was thinking 150 would be enough...am I wrong on this one?

5. When I was 14 we found some 150's glowing up an apartment complex sign and my friend kicked them both down, stuck them (hot as fuck) in his backpack where he proceded to ride them home on his bike when his backpack set on fire so we ditched it on the side of the road..go to www.e-conolight.com

6. I've seen on icmag some pulling 3 OZ's with a 150hps, And there better for small cabinets and little grows. there should be something on ebay,

7. uuuh maybe YOU'D get a quarter, but i use a 150 and get 2+ oz on a scrog setup.

i'd go for the floralux 150. it's compact. the ballast is built in but still doesnt make too much heat to work with. also you can get an air cooled attachment for it.

check em out here: http://htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=49255

and the attachment: http://htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=47708

8. if your only growing one plant CFL's cant hurt either. Also, cheap.

9. I would look into Ceramic Metal Halides if you are thinking about a 150 watt size grow. Would definitely work much better in a small space and give you better results.

10. i wouldnt get quartar i dont mess with small wattages waste of time
    and u said scrog setup i said 1 plant....1 plant u got 2+ oz with 150w
    i doubt it

11. I know its old thread, but if you cant pull more than a quarter with 150w you really need to start back at the basics. I grow eight plants under 600w hps and can consistently pull from a ounce or two under a pound to a ounce or two over a pound...

12. let me see if I can find it, there is a site for a 150whps for 20.00 it's a legit electric site, with a hidden part.. let me see if I can find the link

13. I bought my 150w HPS Floodlight from an eBay store for $50 shipped. I'm growing 3 plants in an AeroGarden with this light hanging above and a little 9" desk fan just to keep the plants cool and prevent the leaves from turning brown (burning) with fantastic results. I honestly thought I would need two, but this is perfect for my grow, which is all inside a tall 20inx20in moving box lined with aluminum.

150 WATT HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM FLOODLIGHT WITH LAMP - eBay (item 150370758768 end time Oct-04-09 17:02:05 PDT)

14. #14 SmokinTrichs, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2009
    It sucks when people tell you to get bigger lights than you need. Then you end up with problems like me. I'm lucky I didn't go for the 1000w hps they tried to talk me into and got a 400 instead. Now I have to downsize even more and have a bunch of new gear I can't use. (I went in the shop for a 250)

If dude thinks he needs 150, get that. Better to upgrade if you need more later in this case I believe than have to shut down operations because you can't handle your lights.

I see a 150w system with built in ballast at the local shop for $80-90..

15. dont even fuck with that sh*@ even as a newbie to the growin game i can tell you why:
    1. becuase after a month my bulb in a regular light shorted out and broke the light as well 2. youd be better off buying the actual 80 doller lamp 3. the wattage of the setup is limited to the maximum of what the light can handle with a regular bulb. so youd end up with a 60 or 100 watt MAX

grow hard or go home:smoke:

16. Hey man feel free to grab that 150W it wont produce a lot of light but if you lst and train it right you could easily pull 150 grams (p.s. try growing 12/12 from seed with it and add a couple cfls ;))

17. I use t5 fluorescent lights to grow I get a oz or better off each plant. I have a 4 tube high output t5 a regular t5 2 tube and 2 40 watt cfls that's all I used and flora trio nutrients!