Where to buy Mylar?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mr.Greenbuds, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Went to Home Depot yesterday and picked up everything I needed to build my first grow box except mylar... Where can one pick this stuff up at??? :confused:

2. You can buy 25ft and 50ft rolls on ebay :)

3. e-bay, or hobby lobby type stores

4. Or a Hydro Store

5. This.

Also you just walked in there and bought all the makings at once?
    I don't know if anyone else considers this heat, but its like walking into home depot and buying everything you need to make a pipe bomb, might make people wonder...

6. #6 SexyStaci, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2009
    Home Depot doesn't care what you buy there, they are a huge corporation. It's grower paranoia because we think everyone knows what perlite is and worm castings are for and all that. Unless you're a grower, things like that don't even cross your mind. Some wood, a few lights and a fan could be for anything, maybe you're building a laundry room, or a bathroom in the basement... I buy lots of things at lots of places and I have that paranoid feeling myself, meanwhile there are 1000 other people buying 10,000 random things. Believe it or not, more people use lights to grow tomato sprouts and green beans and flowers etc. than pot. But since we obsess over it, we think everyone does, and they don't. Even heavy smokers that don't grow have no idea of what we use.

7. ^Totally agree. Plus don't forget, the cashiers at Home Depot didn't exactly get that job because of their detective skills, they are hourly employees who don't have the mental capacity to figure out what you're buying that stuff for and wouldn't care if they could, they are just thinking of how long until their next break.

To the OP, just google "mylar roll", bingo.

8. Haha! I get the angle your coming from but living in California where it is legal for medicinal purposes (as well as being legal to grow if you have a prescription) it doesn't bother me any. Especially since I have a prescription. Not to mention the Home Depot by where I live is full of employees who would have no idea what I was up to, not to mention I use the self check-out lane so I do all my own bagging etc.

9. Just remembered I have a thermal survival blanket in my backpacking gear. And guess what, it's made out of mylar! If I remember correctly I paid about $5 for it at REI and it's about 5'x8', perfect for my box.:D

10. Wow, someone is a little touchy...

11. well it was kinda of offensive. people aren't as stupid, as you think. they just don't give a shit.:D