Where to buy grow tent fabric / liner?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Indica Kush, Dec 1, 2017.

1. I built myself a frame for a DIY grow tent out of PVC pipes and this frame measures 1mW X 0.5mD X 1.5mH. All that is left is to cover the frame with lightproof reflective fabric (black oxford fabric for back with Mylar for face). I don't like Panda film as an alternative.

I would like to know if there is an online store that sells fabric for grow tents?
    Or maybe even a manufacturer that can make me a custom tent cover for my specific size frame and then ship it folded to me in a small package / envelope.

I live in a small European country and my goal is to save money and not to raise suspicion at the customs office. So buying a whole grow tent is not an option for me (too expensive, too suspicious).

Thanks for your help!

2. Grow tents are cheap. I've seen them as low as $50 for like a 2x4. People use them for a lot of plants, they aren't just exclusive to cannabis growers, so I wouldn't worry about ordering one..

3. Grow tents that are comparable in volume to my homemade frame are not cheap at all. They run at $120 and up.
    Also, I built a custom sized frame in order to fit it in a specific place in my house. There are no tents on the market with these specific dimensions, so even if I had the money to buy a tent, it would not suit my needs.

About my worries with customs: I live in a country where Cannabis would get you same prison time as heroin. The customs are very strict and I would never order anything even remotely suggesting that I might be growing weed.
    I hope you understand.

4. I could likely find a tent for $50 that is nearly the same dimensions as your frame, but since you won't order online I'll save myself the trouble haha.

What do you have against panda film? It's one of the most popular ways to make your own tent for cheap. If you could explain that I'd be happy to look around for other alternatives.

5. I used black tarps to seal my home made rig and stuff called Reflectix for the reflective surfacing. It's reflective insulation made for water heaters, attics, ducts... None of it was weed related materials but it worked out alright.

+=={=====> ☆ <=====}==+

• Like Like x 1
  6. My problem with Panda film is that it is very thin, which means that it is not cat-proof. I have cats in my house and they like to climb on things, using their claws. A Panda film-covered grow tent would be rendered down to a sieve after my cats climb it a few times.
    This is why I need heavy duty grow tent fabric that is backed with black oxford cloth.
    I am talking about this type of liner:
    https://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/1758273/25627986/0/1336992994/Grow_Tent_MK-TA12_300_300_200CM.jpg

7. Instead of a tent you should invest yourself in a custom built cabinet instead, get a few boards and drill vent holes where you need them, this would work much better than trying to build a custom tent

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. You can order Mylar from Amazon