Where to buy equipment.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ProtaJ, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Help would be very appreciated. Where do you guys recommend buying a set up? Amazon? eBay? Also what are recommended products? Light? Air filtration system?

2. I am in the process of getting 95% of my entire set up via Amazon. See if you can set up an in house acct with them and get 6 month same as cash.

After talking with experts and reading a ton of reviews I have compiled a list of of all the gear I got if you are interested. Out of all the gear received, I have only had one defective piece (fan speed adjuster) and the return/replace was effortless.

3. Here on Grasscity, HTG, ebay, amazon, and a few others

4. [quote name='"Green Gun"']I am in the process of getting 95% of my entire set up via Amazon. See if you can set up an in house acct with them and get 6 month same as cash.

After talking with experts and reading a ton of reviews I have compiled a list of of all the gear I got if you are interested. Out of all the gear received, I have only had one defective piece (fan speed adjuster) and the return/replace was effortless.[/quote]

I would love that list if you wouldn't mind.

5. [quote name='"BigNinjaFoo"']Here on Grasscity, HTG, ebay, amazon, and a few others[/quote]

Any specific brands? I didn't know if the equipment in eBay or amazon were of any lower quality.

6. Htg and Amazon are where I've gotten just about all my stuff.

7. #7 azcactus, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
    I bought FFOF and Happy Frog soil, grows sacs, and worm castings from OKC Organics in OKC, OK. Highly recommend this place. 2600 block of Penn., between NW23rd and NW 30th on east side of road. Look for the sign.

Bought my 600w HID reflective hood w/ 2 bulbs off ebay. After 4 weeks the digital ballast took a crap, but ipower emailed me a shipping label and a new ballast followed after they recieved my defective ine. a short time later. So great customer service in my opinion and the set up has produced some great ( my opinion) plants, 3, so far. I am pleased. I have not used a grow tent, filters or ventilation. I blow air from upstairs downstairs and have a standing fan blowing air on my plants.

I cannot believe a fan blowing on the plants since they popped thu the soil has been the secret to strong stems which can carry the nutes more efficiently to the branches.

I got my seeds, Lemon Kush, W Widow and Bubblelicious from Attitude and once I got the point of grow in my little basement ready and bags filled with FFOF, FF Happy Frog and a small bit of Schultz Premium compost. I was ready once they showed themselves thru the soil. I did all this under the 600w light.

I just threw them about 2 inches in the dirt in the small starter pots, and waited patiently for about 10 days and then bam there they were. I then transplanted to the grows sacs and it's been a fun hobby ever since.

I now have great looking plants. Big buds on one and others forming on the two bigger plants. Search other posts by me and you can see my other threads with many pics.

Growing has been fun and I look forward to doing it again. Patience is the key along with good organic nutes. I been using Blackstrap molasses and Budswel. The Budswel is supposed to be a winner, but I do notice a lot of it doesn't dissolve. Sand in it.

8. Thanks guys that helps! I was just worried the stuff on eBay and amazon would go tits up on me

9. Buy from ipower on ebay, out of Cali. Their customer service is great and speedy delivery. I suggest nothing less than 600w though.

10. [quote name='"azcactus"']

Buy from ipower on ebay, out of Cali. Their customer service is great and speedy delivery. I suggest nothing less than 600w though.[/quote]

I was looking into Ipower. I was looking at ether two 1000watt or four 600 watt HID's.

11. #11 azcactus, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
    Oh, I didn't know you were growing a forest. I only have 3 pants under 600w HID and they seem to enjoy it. On a side note I have been playing classical music for them on a CD player since the beginning. Don't know if it helps, but it can't hurt. The plants seem to like Vivaldi the best for some reason. I have seen the greatest growth when I leave him in for two or three days on repeat.

12. I am helping a friends plan a community garden. Trust me I don't have that kind of money in my pocket lol

13. [quote name='"ProtaJ"']I am helping a friends plan a community garden. Trust me I don't have that kind of money in my pocket lol[/quote]

Helping my friends*

14. [quote name='"azcactus"']

Oh, I didn't know you were growing a forest. I only have 3 pants under 600w HID and they seem to enjoy it. On a side note I have been playing classical music for them on a CD player since the beginning. Don't know if it helps, but it can't hurt. The plants seem to like Vivaldi the best for some reason. I have seen the greatest growth when I leave him in for two or three days on repeat.[/quote]

I heard of people playing music I never have it much thought. Ill have to look into that.

15. Why would it go tits on you. Amazon doesnt make anything themselves. They sell the same crap that is sold anywhere else. I even buy my laundry detergent off amazon.

16. Htg supply. Cheap and good quality.

BeZ...V

17. It's pretty simple CD in to $25 CD player, push repeat and leave. I change out the music CD about every 2-3 days. They like the classical piano one too.

18. Word^^^

Amazon is your best friend

19. [quote name='"rhapsodyrcks"']

Why would it go tits on you. Amazon doesnt make anything themselves. They sell the same crap that is sold anywhere else. I even buy my laundry detergent off amazon.[/quote]

I am not very knowledgable when it comes brads. More then anything I wanted to hear your input on brands an or personal experience with certain pieces of equipment.

20. Fans
    Inline fans are very common. There arent very many "Name Brands". I personally use a VenTech 6" 450cfm fan located here. The product is very good and although it is a tad bit loud. any fan that size will be loud. All i did was get a fan controller like this one.

Filters
    Brand names that last a while are Can and Phresh. Although most non-name filters last approx 1 year it can be beneficial to get a name brand seeing as they can last up to twice as long.

Lights
    Im not into the brand name lights seeing as they can be expensive.
    The only thing i would recommend is to get a brand name ballast. As far as the hood, socket, and bulb go....it doesnt really matter

Tents
    There are tons of "brand names" but in essence they are all the same.