Where to buy 6500k bulbs?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by anberlinaddict, Aug 12, 2009.

1. I went to home depot/walmart and neither had ANY bulbs that say the spectrum on them.. wtf??

2. it may have said somewhere on the box "warm white" which i think is 2700k & something like "daylight" which is 6500k im not 100% sure thats right so hopefully some1 can confirm or correct me

3. I got my 4' 6500k fluorescents from home depot should have the info on the side of the packaging, were called "daylight" bulbs

4. so if it says 100watt..... does that mean its actaully 100 wats????

and if it says "daylight" that means 6500k ???

5. I can only talk about the 4' fluorescents I don't know much about the compacts. With the 4' bulbs Phillips has some that are 40w each and the "daylight" ones are 6500k. I'd say your best bet is just call the place up and ask someone that works in lighting.

6. ok look its 100 watts for one plant and 50 for additional i think haha well i bought mine in homedepot i only have one plant get the daylight 6500k and then check out the watts get it?

7. No. You go by the actual wattage not the equivalent.
    You would need 100 true watts for the first plant and 50 for each additional plant.
    Just look for the daylight bulbs. The GE 26 watt which seem to last longer
    are in 2 packs at Wal Mart for about 6 dollars. Daylight bulbs are he right ones
    for the vegitation stage.
    It is much easier to get the larger bulbs. They have them at most
    home depot in the special bulb and lighting section. 85 to 105 watt cfls
    were 11 to 15 dollars. :)

8. larger bulbs as in the like tubes??

Is there a certain name brand or somthing I should look for.. I just really dont want to get the wrong ones lol.

9. Best deal on cfls is 40w and 42w from amazon. I just got a dozen 40w 2700k at $5 each and that was with free shipping. 6500 are higher but still best price.