Where the holding in your hits gets you higher comes from

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Vesna, Mar 3, 2014.

1. So I was just high and yes it MAY get you a BIT higher by holding in your hits.  But I realized...you're not getting higher because you're holding in your hits.....you're getting higher because you're smoking more 0.o

2. Your lungs have more time to take in more thc into your bloodstream. It takes 10 seconds to consume the majority if the thc but just to be on the healthy side, I hold my hits in for no more than 5 seconds. If u want a slammer, just ghost it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. You only feel like you're getting higher because you're cutting off the oxygen to your brain so you get the extra head rush. I stopped doing it lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I've heard that all the THC that would be absorbed already does within just a few seconds. Holding it in any longer is unnecessary. I just do it because I love having smoke in my lungs

5. when your already stoned as fuck, your not going to notice getting much higher compared to not holding in hits. just smoke normally and youll still get just as high

Sent from my iPhone.

6. There's like 10,000 more threads that picture needs to be in haha

7. In my experience I find it very true that holding in your hits gets you higher. I hold that shit till I can't no more.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. it does but it maxes out after a few seconds. prob around 5 or a bit longer. some people think by holding the smoke in til their blue in the face will get them as high as a motherfucker

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

9. #11 Deleted member 281310, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    i think they do but i've always thought lack of oxygen also plays into role when holding in a lot of smoke

10. I did this but I may stop becuse I love getting high but my doctor told me the smoke of a joint or blunt( she didn't know which because names of changed) but she told me the smoke of one of those is worse than the smoke of 3 ciggs.. So I still smoke but idk I'm trying to figure out the best way to get high while smoking minimum smoke a hit... And yes I know about edibles but you need lots of money to get lots of weed for edibles