Where should I work?

Discussion in 'General' started by Johnson1236, Jan 21, 2013.

1. #1 Johnson1236, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    Hello my fellow blades, I'm trying to find a good starting job that I will probably have over the next few months. This job can not require a drug test because I currently can not pass one. I just started my tolerance break and will continue to stay sober until I can pass a drug test and get a good job.

I have experience with cooking in a mid volume restaurant and I've learned how to put in windshields but that is all so far. I learn very quickly, however if it is something I've never done or that is new to me, it usually takes me a few times of showing to learn.

I live in Knoxville, TN. We actually have a pretty large job market I guess, because I think it is estimated that 1,000,000 work in or around my area.

Any suggestions are appreciated, and most will be looked into. Thank you :)

*EDIT: I forgot, I've also had experience dishwashing and I've catered at a couple of weddings

2. Become an amish mobster.

3. work at two or three different places man make a lot of money then tell those fucks to go fuck themselves

4. This is the turth.

Just get a restaurant job or maintenance or something.. it's only for a couple months, right?

5. Not looking into working multiple jobs, Honestly I think it would be more logical to work at one location for four 10 hour shifts. I'd get my 40 hours a week and still have 3 days off. Pretty sure this is the best way to do hourly pay.

yes, it is only for a few months so no big deal. I'm leaning towards something other then cooking for sure tho, I'd rather diversify I suppose

6. Be a politician. All you gotta do is lie. Hahaha.

7. someone in that job description needs to start focusing on our national debt (USA).. If you look we now owe over $7 trillion dollars more then we did less then 5 years ago. This is not looking good from my perspective.

I think this is another subject tho, haha :rolleyes:

8. If you have restaurant experience then just try and find a job in that field. Seems like almost every restaurant job requires some experience. You could even work your way up to a cook and get paid halfway decent money (even more on the side if you're good enough to cater) and never have to pass a DT.

9. You'll diversify with your real job. Life is about compromise.

Naw, a real politician will avoid looking at that as much as possible, utilizing abortion and other social rights as distractions. :laughing:

10. bump, no suggestions other then go back to my old job?

11. If you're fast, strong and have a lot of endurance try working as a package handler for UPS. Pay starts at 8.50 then goes to 9.50 once you finish your senority training.

Loading is the toughest of the 3 places they can put you on (depending on the facility) then there's metro (unloading or loading the package cars you see all the time) then unload is easiest of the three.

12. If you grow make sure they are reliable

And they don't take your shit or pay you..

13. I work in denver as a personal care provider, I don't ever get drug tested :) I basically just go to older people's houses and make them food and clean up their house, super easy

14. work at a place where the serve crawfish, since your south...crawfish season makes tonsss of money!