Where should I live...

Discussion in 'General' started by hippy_man99, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Ok I'm livin in Buffalo right now... it's alright... but it's a small city and i need a new scene...

So here are some of my wants and needs:

- I need a comfortable temperature... coming from buffalo...i can take a lot of cold and snow... but i'd like to live somewhere warmer for a bit...

- Urban setting... I've lived out in the suburbs and rural areas too long... i've had a taste of city life in Buffalo and I want to experience it all!

-Price... I don't want to sound like a cheapskate, but i don't have all that much... I'm looking for relatively cheap places to stay... something livable...

-Liberal Marijuana laws... As a toker... I want a place where i can blaze without persecution and in a forward thinking area...

-medical Laws... I was thinking of trying to get a medical card with my persistant sports induced asthma... so any place that has it legalized would be nice

-Location... I've lived in Europe and i really enjoyed it.... I like the states and Love canada... i'm pretty much open....

-Need of Competent University with studies in Archaeology or environmental Science... My girlfriend studies archaeology and she's starting grad school...so preferably i'm lookin...

So what do you all think? where should I live????

any and all suggestions consitered!

thanks,
    Hippy

2. hah man, past few days i've been thinking about where i want to seriously think about moving within the next couple of years and can't make up my mind.

i lived in Dallas, TX the last 17 years of my life and currently living in Atlanta now. i wouldn't mind movin back to Dallas (bunch of my family lives there and i have so many friends back there). but i've really been thinking about moving to Pensacola, FL (i went there every summer the past 8 years and can't get enough of it), Seattle (somethin about livin in the city there seems like it would be nice), San Diego (been there once few years ago and loved it), or New Orleans (absolutely love it there, BUT the economy and i'm sure finding a good job would be pretty hard).

at the moment, i'm really leanin towards livin somewhere in the city of San Diego. but, i still have the next 2 years to make up my decision. i really hope you and your girl can decide on a really nice place and will love it there. hard decision yeah lol

3. San Francisco if your willing to throw down extra cash for living...Oakland/east bay if your lookin to spend less. The Bay Area is so chill on weed, it is everywhere and everyone smokes.

4. Nor-cal Bay area

5. too expensive. hippy man, as someone whose living in buffalo haha i've been looking at seattle (i kind of like the grey days we have) and places in oregon. good public universities really not too expensive. if you are interesting in any areas check out craigslist.org and search by city to get a feel for apartment prices depending on where you'd want to live

im also looking at montana, wyoming (the only state without a best buy, i use to work at one, random fact they told us that stuck) and even alaska. i like the cold, the quietness and the open/wilderness.

but dude check out ohio? pennsylvania?

6. JUST DO THIS!

http://www.findyourspot.com/

its a survey, a good 5-6 minutes but its def. interesting. gives a list of cities and towns (big and small) that suit your answers

i've done it while making a college decision and i fool around every once in a while to get ideas lol

7. Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
    It has all you described and more, plus I think the university here has good environmental/science programs.

8. Awsome- Thanks

9. WOW!! i just took the test and i fit best in the southern states (dallas, austin, san antonio, baton rouge) and also listed majority of the major florida cities. pretty cool site thx

10. Boise Idaho! it's cheap as fuck and our seasons are perfectly on par. i love it here

11. cool, according to that site, I'm already living in the top 10 choices. Good Job me!

12. California will meet all of your needs.

13. thanks for all your help guys... i took that quizzy thing and it directed me towards the coasts... especially NW in Oregon, W in San Fran, and to the east out in MA and CT.... seems like thats where i'm destined to be.... i'll find a place eventually....

peace!
    Hippy

14. :hello:

I'm south of ya, but I may be heading up to Calgary for school next year! Great city. It's a very close feeling city for it's size...If that makes sense.

15. Colorado Springs or Denver, Colorado.
    It's BEAUTIFUL.
    The weather is a bit cold.
    But everything else makes up for it.
    Also, they are very lenient about the POSSESSION of marijuana.
    They are working to legalize it.
    "The measure, which passed Tuesday with 54% of the vote, says adults 21 and older may possess up to an ounce of marijuana without penalty in the city."
    That's in denver.
    Check this out: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-11-03-pot_x.htm

16. I dunno, but I think if I ever moved out to the US it'd be to San Fran or Boston, somewhere like that..

17. MIAMI << the gateway to all the drugs

the clubbing capital of the world (party central)

housing can be either very expensive or very cheap depending on location

tropical weather all year long

Money
    Is
    A
    Major
    Issue

18. Amsterdam.

19. haha yes!! that's my life dream.... to live in amsterdam....

one day hippy... one day

20. well, i would say washington state. if you like the city, seattle is amazing. Washington state has so much to offer to people living alternitive lifestyles, a high min wage, and no income tax.