Where should I go?

Discussion in 'General' started by LSDForPeace, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Alright I was hoping to get a few good opinions and some advice on where I should head to here in a few months. :bolt: I have a few choices on where I can move.. Portland, Oregon; Fayetteville, Arkansas; Boston, Massachusetts; Baltimore, Maryland. I live in central California right now and have lived here all my life. I have visited all these places multiple times and love them all. Weather isn't an issue for me and financially I've got it covered. Soooo GC, what do you think? I have been thinking for a very long time about this and can't make up my mind so I need a little help with it. Oh and I will be going to school in one of these places if that changes anything. Thanks guys! :smoke:

2. Well, I've never been to any of those places so all I can say is go where your heart tells you. You don't need us to decide your future for you.

3. You know everyone's going to ask: Why on earth you would want to LEAVE California?! But out of all the choices, and assuming you're quite bored with your location obviously wanting to leave Cali, I'd say head to Boston and experience that side of the country. Philadelphia is an extremely nice place also.

4. I l<3ve california

5. I kind of want to move to Portland. Growing up near NYC ive always had a bias against Boston but now I realize its probably pretty cool there and a HELL of a lot better than NYC is.

Vermont sounds cool to me too

6. .ither boston or portland. Both have equally dreary weather and a kicking music and arts scene...oh yeah, and beer. Good beer.

If it were me, probably portland, close enough to drive home on a long weekend, 14 hour drive.

7. If i were you, I ll go to NYC :smoke:

8. i would choose portland, ive been wanting to go there after seeing this show on tv about their public transportation haha it just seems like a cool place

9. i've been to all those cities.

portland - seems big, but it's small. not much to do. crap weather. of course, i only spent 2 days there i dont know much about it, but it wasnt a place i'd want to live.

fayetteville, arkansas - i live an hour and a half from faytown, and i go there a lot....it's an awesome city, a lot of bars and nightclubs and hot ass girls going to U of A. beautiful scenery too, settled in the ozark mountains. gets cold though.

boston, ma - born here! grandpa still lives in boston. if you like a shit load of people everywhere at all hours of the day/night, and living in a building with a shit ton of other people RIGHT next to you, go here! but boston aint all bad. its got a lot of cool historic places that are awesome to check out even if you arent a history buff. thisplace is amazing with the fall foliage in late september/october. the drivers suck major ass, you will get into either a road rage fight or an accident at least once a week. boston is a big town witha lot of asswipes though.

baltimore, md - girlfriend's family is from there, been there several times for it. it's like a mini-boston. except without th ebeautiful fall foliage. i dont know about thr nightlife though honestly, every time i go i'm in the same area around my gf's parents house...and it's ok. just a neighborhood with a lot of fast food and thats it, in their area.

so my choice would be fayetteville if i had those choices.

10. #10 SmokinJoe420, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Dude id kill to move to Portland.. GOOOO

11. Trust me someones post isn't going to be the deciding factor. I just wanted to see what other people would choose and why or why not.