Where should I go to college?

Discussion in 'General' started by kagaos, Jul 15, 2010.

1. No, this isn't the type of thread asking for a good college to go to. Rather, I'm stuck choosing which institution, of two, I should go to.

So, there are two colleges, one I attended PSEO and first year, living with my parents (08-10), and the other is where my friend goes. They are basically equivalent schools; cost the same, same quality, similar attendance, etc..

That aside, there are several reasons to attend or not to attend either. Here are my main ones:

Attending my friends school would allow me to spend time with him and get a "out of the shell" living experience at the university. It would also allow me to become more sociable and make new friends. However, the catch is that financial aid won't be able to give me a "free ride" because I would be paying for living and food expenses which slightly exceed what it provides (meaning I would have to get a loan).

Staying at my current institution would provide me ample financial aid overages, all of which will come from grants and scholarships. A free ride.Yet I tend not to make friends while living at home and I feel that spreading my wings too late might be unhealthy. However, I will be transferring to another school to complete my degree in another year so I should be getting all of that regardless.

So, what would you guys do in my situation? Live in complete comfort for another year and not have to worry about money, or gain a worldly experience a year early and spend, what is potentially, your last year with your friend.

2. Sometimes the internet makes me think that there is no one left who can make a decision.

3. Hahaha what he said ^

This is one of the biggest decisions of your life, and yet you bring it to a bunch of potheads, as if our opinions were anything other than high debauchery?

4. Fair enough...

5. These responses were exceptional.

6. just flip a coin it might take 7 or 8 tosses, but it can make the right descion

7. Lmao. Just finish as early as you can, and try to get another degree. Itll be worth it.

8. you just have to go with what feelsa right