Where my norsk blades at?

Discussion in 'General' started by wickedjoker, Nov 4, 2012.

1. I'm learning Norwegian this year at Portland State, and thought it might be cool to devote a thread to discussion of Norway, Norwegians, the Norwegian language, etc. I'm only in my first term of Norwegian so I only know simple terms like,

Jeg snakker litt norsk. Snakker du norsk?

Have any of you been to Norway or live there now? I really want to plan a trip there at some point but I have no idea where the fun is to be had. I've got cousins that live near Bergen, but idk where the fuck that is either or what it's like there.

2. I want to go to Norway someday. Smoke weed by the fjords and watch whales. Oh, I also heard they got some good mountain troll hash (or something, I can't remember) :p

3. I live in Norway. It's alright. Everyone's rich. Good weed is scarce though, and a lot of norwegians have the most backwards view on marijuana:(

4. I hear some of the locals can be pretty superstitious, maybe that has something to do with their negative opinions? What are the laws like as far as possession and all that goes?

Couldn't agree more, I think it would be a gorgeous place to blaze one and just go for a walk:smoke: Mountain troll hash sounds like it would be dank as fuck haha, if I ever go I'll have to find me some of that.

5. Learning Norwegian, that seems pointless.

6. I'm sure it does to you, because you probably have no reason to. I for one have family that live near Bergen, Norway, and I would like to be able to visit them and converse in the language of my heritage, as would be appropriate. Language is a very diverse and interesting thing. Growing up speaking one language will make you perceive the World around you different than someone who grows up speaking a completely different language. From how you view emotion, to how you express yourself. It's fascinating really.