Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Where is the safest state to grow marijuana?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by grief, Dec 23, 2008.

1. California.

2. California would be a good choice too, but that state is on the verge of economic collapse. They can barely afford to pay state workers, and I hear next year it's gonna be even worse.

3. If you were doing MMJ according to the letter of the law, there'd be no need to ask this question, so let's assume you're not.

Let's also assume you're not talking about Canada, which has provinces, not states.

Going by penalty for cultivation, it looks like the safest states would be NM, AZ, ME, AK, maybe NY, CA, and SC. But it ultimately depends on how much you are growing. There's no rhyme or reason to any of it. It also depends on how likely the prosecutors tend to reduce or drop the charges.
    Stay away from states with MMS.

Going by chances of getting busted, as said before, do it out in Podunk, USA. Make sure you blend in with the locals, and make sure your neighbors are few and far between. The fewer the cops per sq mi, the better (Check out Ashtabula County in Ohio. Because of the economy, there is one squad car, manned by 2 deputies to patrol the entire 720 sq miles of the largest in the state. But Ohio cultivation laws are not among the best.).

4. Maine. While probably not *the* safest, it's up there. It's very rural, has very lenient laws, and the general population doesn't care too much about it. As long as you are staying out of trouble otherwise, the cops will leave you alone.

5. Maineeeeeeeeeeyeeeeahhhhhhh

6. I read online that Ohio has ridiculous laws, like a first time offense for dealing (it said giving away weed to your friends) was a 100 dollar fine. Don't know how much of its true, but holy shit ain't it? Someone with that Lemon G let me know

7. #47 abrb18, May 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2010
    if your into the outdoors hit up Oregon, Washington, Colorado or Cali. All of these states its pretty simple to get a card. Everyone always talks about how easy it is to get your card in Cali, up here in WA its not quite as easy, but you just need 2 doctors visits saying you are in pain(headaches, migraines, back pain etc) and painkillers arent working. WA's minimum wage is also at 8.55, the highest in the nation, with a lower cost of living than cali. with your card you can have 15 plants and a pound and a half of dried buds.

8. in Cali they have walk-in doctors you can find and just literally go in fill out a page and see a doctor right on the spot, explain why you need an MMJ card and you pay like a bill and they'll give you one right there. it's dope i'd say cali or canada are the best places to grow/smoke a lot :smoking:

9. i live in maine..

its good for getting away with growing, but our season is incredibly short up here.

you need to grow like 100% indica plants

10. California and Colorado. California is more preferrable if you ever want to grow outdoor. Both places if your over 18 100% you can get your card, especially California.

But if your going to use the medical system, make sure to give a bit back :).