Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Where is the safest state to grow marijuana?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by grief, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Vermont.

no heli's, and vast amounts of land

2. Alaska - NORML says:

-no penalty for an oz or less in your home
    -posession of less than 25 plants is protected by Alaska Constitution’s right to privacy

NORML is the best site to browse if you're looking for marijuana laws by state

3. #23 1HitWonder, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2008
    United States: California
    Canada: British Columbia'

EDIT: Also, The Canadian Government doesn't do shit.

4. Depending on where you live in Ca, it all depends on what you will pay.

$500,000 to live comfortably in Orange county. Even higher in S.F.

I am in the process of saving for a down payment on a home in Orange County. I want to move next year, the market will still be shit and it is a perfect opportunity to score some cheap(relative to normal) real estate in Cali.

Huntington Beach is my destination.

-C

5. Oregon is a very nice place ;-) Along with Cali and BC of course. I think you could get away with indoor growing in any state as long as you play it smart.

6. In BC the police/RCMP/Government rarely do anything if you grow. not much time and resources are put into marijuana. In Fact, i have witnessed on numerous occasions, the worst that could happen (even tho it rarely does) They'll tell u to stop growing, turn off your electricity, and/or evict you. No jailing what so ever. But that is worst case scenario....DEF move to BC

7. As for the question of house prices, I live in a very rich area on the east coast. My friend moved to so cal about four years ago, and her house here was around $500K and the same size house where she moved was $1.3 million.

8. What about Hawaii?

I have heard of friend's friends that they got a license/sponsorship and now are now making a pretty comfortable living just sitting around and growing dank ass shit.

I heaaarrr that they are pretty 'lax if there is the right paper work, but don't take my word for it.

If you have seen Marijuana Nation on National Geographic my Lisa Ling, Growing in California with a permit seems the most legit.

9. 13 states in the US alow growing and possesion of a certain amount as long as you have a medical card...they are fairly easy to get if you ask most people.

10. For sure! You just need a few years of medical documents and also xrays are great! The limit in Washington also has a pretty reasonable amount allowable.

Qualifying patients and designated providers are permitted to possess "no more marijuana than is necessary for the patient's personal, medical use, not exceeding the amount necessary for a 60-day supply." RCW 69.51A.040(3)(b). The state has defined a 60-day supply as "a total of no more than twenty-four ounces of usable marijuana, and no more than fifteen plants." WAC 246-75-010 (3)(a). Usable marijuana is defined as "the dried leaves and flowers of the Cannabis plant Moraceae" and does not include "stems, stalks, seeds and roots." WAC 246-75-010 (2)(d). A plant is defined as "any marijuana plant in any stage of growth." WAC 246-75-010 (2)(b). Patients maintain the right to present evidence in court that their necessary medical use exceeds the presumptive amount. WAC 246-75-010 (3)(c).

11. +REP:smoking:

12. it varies based on county laws

13. There are cheaper parts of CA to live in that are still livable.. Heading north of Los Angeles is generally cheaper, I know some growers up in Ventura County.. The beauty of Ventura is that Cal Arts is only a few miles from it (Cal Arts is an art school, alot of potheads there) so you probably wouldn't have trouble getting business. Of course, you gotta have a pretty low standard of living to live around there.

14. wow, all this stuff im hearing about canada, it makes me want to move. like fuck uncle sam, he wont tolerate me growing.

i never knew:smoking:

15. What the hell is all of this about Cali?

I know california is awesome, but come on. I'm reppin' the midwest and always will be.

16. I'd have to say the safest "place" to grow would be one where the state laws are lax and the county where you are has a population that is sympathetic to growers. If you get popped in a fed bust; then you are going to be praying that the selected county jury is going to already believe that it's OK to grow and smoke. If you get that ..it's cool. If not ..you've got problems.

In California I'd say Mendocino, Humboldt, Trinity and Nevada Counties are your best bet.

I've known growers in Oregon and Washington but that was long ago and it was all "outlaw" growing then (no medicinal growing).

I'd say San Juan Ridge in Nevada County is the best place .."safest place". Yet you still have the thug degenerate stinks that raid the little farms in that area at gun point ..so it's really not that safe. You should have an arrangement with neighbors to watch each others backs. The problem is that if you are new to the area ..the neighbors will be suspicious and so it will take a good while to establish alliances. You'll be on your own at first.

It really is a crazy business and it isn't safe. You have Feds, County Sheriff, CHP, theives etc... As far as expense. You should have enough cash to get you by for a year including materiels, rent, food, gas, vehicles and enough to get you home if it doesn't work out. Then if you are lucky enough to make it to harvest and you don't get busted for transporting or selling; then you can finance future crops. I'd say that if you want to do it right you will need 15 to 20k for a productive outdoor grow and 30k plus for an indoor grow.

I'd recommend you only grow for medicinal users ..then you will only have to contend with the Feds and the theives.

I don't know. I'm sounding a little negative here or at least ..very cautious. I guess the older I get, the more I value my freedom and my saftey. None the less ..if I were going to commit to a grow; I would be considering these things. Good luck and be careful...

17. yeah to grow it just go where ever MMJ is...to smoke or possess weed its better if ur in a state where its decriminalized...most states with MMJ its not easy to get a prescription (even tho its easy as fuck in cali) like in rhode island they even have dispensaries now (well soon but the law passed a lil while ago) but they are making it so u need an actual reason to have a MMJ card...in cali all u need to do is say that u have migraines or ur arm hurts constantly and they will give u one

18. BC Canada used to fine you $2000 if they caught you growing no matter how many plants. Now we got a new bill signed, but hopefully the VPD keep their policy and remains tolerant.

19. I'm not gonna go into too many details about logistics, but Colorado is prime for indoor winter ops and awesome summer outdoor ops. We are a very lenient state but I do not reccomend growing for anything other than medicinal herb. The market is growing and becoming more competitive so you gotta open up shop soon. Some clubs out here are grossing 10,000 bucks a day! This state is hot right now for MMJ, assuming it isn't a leafy un-trimmed mess :p

20. Definitely Colorado. The lawmakers seem like they are leaning towards full decrim sometime in the near future, and it's a beautiful state to boot!