where is the good music influence now-a-days?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by shwaguilar, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Is there anyone that can agree that with each new generation of kids, the music appreciation has gone down the shitter? I'm sick of rap and "fucking hoes". Where's the brilliance? Music (organized sounds and silences) should be absolutely captivating. Not just some lyrics to pump you up and and instrumental mp3 accompaniment that the artist didn't create in the first place. Don't get me wrong, hip hop can be brilliant, and well put together talent, but I think that most of kids my age are blinded by these artists that get rich off of a catchy hook, and manipulate you with envy.

2. i was about to say something like that before i even clicked on the title. the fuck happened to a white guy with a guitar?? i'm getting real sick of this generation. rap music is all good, it can be mind blowing, but there's too much emphasis on it these days. its like "kids" forgot all about you know....instruments.

3. hey man i couldn't agree more,
    i enjoy much pink floyd, led zep, ramones, the doors, and the beatles, + others.

i also like three days grace, nickleback, Modest Mouse, Oasis, etc.

Mumford and Sons (VERY GOOD BAND)

but i mean, i also like deadmau5, Skrillix, The Quemists, and other Techno too.

not really my thing, but im open to any music really

tim mcgraw, keith anderson, brad paisly, you know?

what are some bands you believe i should take a listen to, or some songs, just like me bro :)

4. Pink floyd is wat i listen to and im 18

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkJ4m97af8A]YouTube - 12 12 Waka Flocka It's A Party[/ame]

Some hot shit!

6. Yeah i agree kg. Its so true that people don't understand real music until they pick up an instrument and get serious. I'm listen to classical music, blues, jazz, rock. I'm into more psychedelic sounding music. For example, radiohead. Incubus is my favorite band, but recently I've been listening to "explosions in the sky". An amazing instrumental band with so much emotion. Check out the song "cure and the catastrophe" by them. It's amazing what just simple sounds can do to change the atmosphere and possibly your perspective on life

7. oh dang man.. crazy good song.
    wish i could blaze up in my house and listen to it,
    just got done listening to some led zeppelin in the car with base.. so leet with emotion like no other.

8. Is there a correlation between that and the percentage of youth that are 'rebels' in each generation dwindling? I think so.

Back in the 60s, it was damn popular to be an individual and be anti-"The Man"
    Current day, it's the opposite. To go against the grain and be an individual is like wearing a Kick Me sign, it seems. I'm glad I barely squeezed by, by being born in the 80s, but I feel BAD for all those born after 1990. And I used to think it was bad... comparing to present day, I'm happy with how I turned out and how shit went down. I didn't catch shit really for being my own individual, they were just interested/confused. Nowadays, it doesn't seem as easy. Therefore, most don't take the chance. They don their flat-billed hat, their two XXL t-shirts, and baggyass baggy or skinnyass skinny jeans and go.

Rebellion might be the key to better music. Everyone is too damn complacent right now (and honestly, now is a really good time to be pissed or at least argumentative)