Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Where in the world grows the dankest bud?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Smokegarden, Apr 17, 2011.

1. I find it hard to believe that any bud could top the stuff I've been smoking here in Northern California, and the stuff I'm about to smoke when I go down to Southern California for the summer.

I go to the same dispensaries as this guy when I'm in San Diego- http://forum.grasscity.com/stash-jar/750585-san-dankiego-nugs-updated-frequently.html

In Humboldt it's even better and cheaper. That may have something to do with the fact that its latitude completely lines up with the Hindu Kush Valley in Afghanistan, where marijuana originated.

I am open to traveling, however, so if you think you know where there is better weed I could be smoking other than in Afghanistan, you have my attention.

2. My job gave me the opportunity to travel around the world pretty extensively and with only a few exceptions, the best weed I've smoked was grown under ideal conditions in California and British Colombia. I knew a grower in Jamaica who grew small quantities of excellent weed that equaled what I've smoked from California but it didn't blow it away by any stretch of the imagination. It's all in the grower skills and ability to care for the plants if they're outdoor grown.

3. I've never been to British Columbia, but I have been to Jamaica. They may have some good stuff, but they also have a lot of mids, with seeds, and dirty weed they try to sell you for ridiculously high prices if you don't know who to go to. I'm pretty sure this dude on the beach sold me laced joints too, because I was fucking flying that day.

4. there is no one place that has the dankest bud. california may have the biggest quantity of dank bud. but you can grow dank any where if you have the stuff to do it. location doesn't matter in the least.

5. Yeea location doesn't matter much. If you know what you're doing, get that PH straight, take care of the babies, give them plenty of CO2, nutes, and a lot of love then you can grow dank anywhere.

BUT, I'm going to say Cali anyway :p... because its where I'm from, and I rarely (if ever) come across "mids".

6. #6 Smokegarden, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011
    I guess you're right. I have a garden in my closet. But assuming you have no stuff whatsoever, and you maybe water it with nutrients and neem oil or build a shelter over it occasionally, if even, and this stuff just grows in the great outdoors.

Where would that work best?

7. Sorry but Marijuana as we know it did not orginate in the Hindu Kush Valley..

8. well washington has some super danky, a few of my friends from cali have visited me up here, and all have said "damn man, take this shit down to cali and make a ton of $$$"

cali gram=15+/-
    washington gram = 10/-

but everywhere in the world has dank buds..it's all about who you know..
    anyone anywhere in the world can buy a nice grow setup and grow dank weed.

9. Well shit, my sources must be incorrect. Where, oh omniscient stoner, did the first cannabis seed fall?

10. 2700 BC was the first recorded account of cannabis use, in the pharmacopoeia of Shen Nung

Source:
    http://www.ukcia.org/culture/history/chrono.php

11. I live in cali and I generally buy $3-7 grams of top shelf when I go to dispensaries its $10. I agree, good weed is growing in all kinds of climates you wouldn't expect it to because of innovative stoners, but there must be somewhere that has just the perfect climate to grow and cure it. I mean, naturally, in the wild.

Look, maybe I'm just dreaming, but one day I want to be rich. Someday I want a highly diverse garden of potent mary jane, and I want the land and sky to do most of the work; a self-sustaining ecosystem that produces weed, fruit, fish, and other happily living things. Why not just grow it in a closet? I love being outdoors, don't you?

12. I'd have to say Washington but thats probably biased :p

13. served :D

14. #14 jas43, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011
    good cannabis is grown almost everywhere :)

its just more available in certain areas

15. In my grower's greenhouse.:)

16. I saw that when it was published. First thing I thought when I saw that dank green and red nugget was "I'd smoke that." As it turns out, though, it lost its potency somewhere along the last 4700 years. And just because this Shen Nung guy is the first stoner they dug up who was actually buried ready to smoke in the afterlife doesn't mean there weren't tons of other people who had already made a practice out of it long, long before that. I'm no archaeologist, but weren't the chinese eating cannabis seeds in 6000BC, and using it for textiles in 4000BC? I'm pretty sure somebody in that long ass time before Nung ever smoked his first hit was smoking the reefer. And before him. Hell, maybe the reason we walk around on the ground is because a weed plant lit on fire beneath our monkey ancestor's tree, and he consequently fell off his branch and was too stoned to climb back up.

17. key word

18. Yeah...most of what they produce is trash weed for the tourists. My friend, a Rastafarian grew for himself. Over the years the best he shared with me was called "Thyme" because it looked like the culinary herb. It was a sparse Sativa, no seeds and very spindly looking...surely nothing that would pass for dank in California....but it would literally blow my brain for a whole day with a very LSD like high. The other more dank looking weed he liked was 'Lambs Bread' but my favorite, and his too was "The Thyme Weed"

19. Everywhere man.

There is no one particular place that produces the best weed.

20. I'm with RedSmiley... any one of us, when we put our minds to it, can grow 'the best' herb when given the right tools, time, and know-how.

In certain regions of Australia, as far as the 'best regions' go, there are hydro shops on nearly every block, and at least half the younger smoking generation has never even seen a seed before that they didn't order and pay for, or would even know how to identify one, and the older folks haven't seen many in their bought-herb since the early 80's. The grow climate indoors and out, is just so pristine, and the average local genetics, which are mostly clone-only, particularly in some area's for obvious reasons (a lack of seeds) are so cut off from the rest of the globe, and improper hasty breeding techniques, that you just never see a hermy or seeded bags.. they can afford to grow in conditions that generally never cause the plant much stress, unless serious (laziness) mistakes are involved. All across the board, from the newest growers to the oldest, they display growing skills far advanced to every other grow culture/community I've been involved with, likely due to the low cost and availability of equipment, their high minimum wages, and the availability of information. They grow some KILLER bud over there, all of the largest yielding plants I've ever seen were grown and bred in Aus. I smoked the absolute, most potent strain I've ever come across, in that country (a variation/pheno of Red Beard). From Canada, to Cali, to the netherlands, and a few islands in between.. I've never seen so much quality bud, grown in so much quantity, in one place, at one time, as I did in Australia. I'm sure they have dry spots, too, but if they do they seemed to be no where near us :)