Where in the world can i dry my bud?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ismokegreen, Jan 17, 2011.

1. #1 ismokegreen, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
    So I'm considering growing this year, and I think I know where I'd be growing the plants, but I have nowhere to dry the buds come fall. I still live at home and there is NO way that i can hang bud up to dry anywhere in my house. Are there any tricks or places that you can think of to do such a thing covertly?

edit: It's an outdoor grow.

2. You can build a very, very basic drying box with a carbon scrubber for maybe $25-$50 that looks like nothing more than a storage bin.

3. ^^^
    How might one go about such a thing?

4. im curious why you cant hang your buds where you would have grown?

5. Oh, I forgot to mention that it would be an outdoor grow.

6. Well you buy a plastic bin, a fan/air filter and some activated carbon. Cut a hole for your fan/air filter and place it inside the box, tape it up. Cut another hole and thats it basically.

The fan/filter pushes odorless air out of the box, forcing new fresh air to come in the open hole. The frequent air-movement also helps to avoid mold, and speeds up the drying process.

Growing outdoors? ;)

7. What do i do with the carbon?

and do you know where I can get a cheap battery operated fan/filter by some chance:confused:

8. Dude just google how to build a carbon filter, its easy. U buy some pencil cases, some girls leggings, and some carbon!

9. Use an abandoned house.

10. ^ Haha is the town you live in teeming with abandoned houses?

11. I am within 100 miles of Detroit. So ,fuck yes their are empty houses everywhere.

12. buy a camo colored tarp. Hang it on a rope between two trees and stake the 4 corners down, hang your buds from the rope under the tarp. if your grow was safe then a camo tarp in the same location for a few days should be safe also.

13. Buy a dome tent on craigslist

14. I like this idea.
    Cheap, convenient and very do-able. Has anyone else ever tried this?

15. throw it in a bin and bring it home.

16. I grew up in Toledo and Detriot (we have homes in OH and Mi). Do NOT use an empty house. I used to shoot heroin for many years in the D. Those empty homes are either trap houses, stash houses, processing houses, dummy houses, arms cashes, and spots where tricks get turned. Oh, don't forget the execution and dismemberment houses. People on the streets in this area are dangerous. The safest houses are the flop houses where homeless poeple reside. They are covered in feces and urine. Oh... I almost forgot the kennel houses where the figiting dogs are tortured for thug entertainment.

Yeah, stay away from homes you don't own. Especially in or near the D. Toledo isn't any better. People disappear all the time.

17. I hear ya, I was just making a point with the abondon houses being abundent. I am in the country and know many of houses, barns and shacks that no one has been in for several years.

18. Haha, yeah i know. Common sense has always told me to stay away from those crackhouses when i lived in detroit/jacksonville(fl). I wouldn't ever really consider this as an option.

19. Another option that I just found would be just hanging it in a box with a nontoxic dehumidifier all along the bottom. Do you think that might do the trick and keep away mold? Would the smell still be pretty prevalent?

20. i dry buds in my grow cab, lights off ventilation on,

but uhh since you did an outdoor grow i'd go get a big rubbermaid container (called a tote) they are like $6, screw some screws in it and tie up a rope screen and place buds on that, cut a hole for a 3" hole, get a piece of 3" duct from like home depot ($2), and then buy active carbon and some panty hose and cardboard make a carbon filter put it in the duct, get a pc fan and pull air through the carbon filter exhausting out the box

tada, box for like $15 with some effort