where i can find a 400watt fixture for dirt cheap?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by boognar, May 27, 2009.

1. where can i find a 400watt light fixture for dirt cheap? i already know about ebay, and kraigslist...

2. @ a pawn shop.. or in mexico..

3. I understand your dilemma with the financial side of this stuff, everything is so fucking expensive, but lighting is definitely an area you DO NOT want to skimp on. Purchasing used or inadequate ballasts/bulbs is just begging for a fire. That being said, check out High Tech Garden Supply on the net or go to the Ebay store, HTGsupply. He has very reasonable prices, probably the closest I have seen to "dirt cheap" that you want to go. Stay clear of anything refurbished, rebuilt or stuff that says made in china/mexico. Always buy your lighting equipment brand new to eliminate or drastically reduce the probability of a fire. It's one thing to get busted growing pot, but it is completely different to get busted because you set fire to your house and possibly other houses and heaven forbid someone gets hurt.;)

4. they somtime have those commercial mh 400 on craigslist. the bad thing about them they are heavy cause of the built in ballast and hood. its about 3 1/2 ft tall

5. Marylandhydroponics.com