Where have all the experts and knowledgeable people gone?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SurfingRob, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can someone point me in the right direction here? I\'m looking for an indoor hydroponic forum with contributing members who have actually gone through a hydro grow and can help someone who is going through the same thing. GC is obviously not the place to go for such advice as any technical important question relating to hydro almost never goes answered. So I ask, which forum is best for me? It obviously isn\'t GC.

I know you\'ve all heard it a ton of times BUT WHY OH WHY DID THEY GET RID OF OVERGROW UGUUGUGGHGHG\"KJD:SLKDJS:LKDJS:LKGH KLSFHLKD:(

-Rob

2. I don\'t believe you\'ve looked around GC enough. I\'ve found many knowledgable, experienced hydro growers here. unoit, tetrahydrocanna, dierwolf, chimera, rumpleforsking, just to name a few. look to posts and threads they have made for a lot of hydro answers. sorry to the many I\'ve left out. peace

3. Sure they do, you just have to check out post by the above mentioned growers, and of course you do have to read them, not just look at the pictures.

4. Ya I have noticed the members here to be a great deal of help

5. Here\'s the thread he\'s referring to:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/general-...invested-grow-now-im-some-shit-need-help.html

\"I have over 5k invested in my perpetual bubble bucket indoor grow and I have a serious problem with my clones. I have a NL feminized mother growen in soil which I took several cuttings from, I put 5 cuttings in my bubble cloner and 5 more into grodan rockwool cubes. They showed bumps in about 3 days and I transplanted 3 rockwool clones into 1 gallon veg bubble buckets and bought 6 clones from the clinic also in rockwool and put those into the other 1 gal buckets. I have a 9 bucket veg chamber. My problem here is that the clones from the clinic have already showed roots outside the netpot and the clones from the mother (over 2 weeks old now) are wayy wayy behind, the roots haven\'t even popped outta the rockwool cubes.\"

The reason that you got no response is imho a few reasons:

-Has it occured to you that maybe the clinic clones were treated with something like rhizotonic to speed up the rooting process? Did you do this with yours?

-Has it occured to you that (if you bought the same strain from the clinic) that maybe they were grown from seeds that were from a different distributor? Maybe their Mother was heartier than yours? Do you know this? You can buy the same strain from different seed distributors but they may not be the same seed....sometimes they grow their own version of the strain.

-I\'m not familiar with your strain, BUT if you\'re experienced enough and say you see pistils, then it\'s possible you messed up on the light schedule or let light leak in. You\'ll have to get them back into the veg cycle if this is the case.

I like how you waited less than 24 hours for a reasonable response and then chose to bash these forums. You\'re asking us for definitives when you offer little to no info on what your process was for cloning. You basically said the following:

I SPENT 5K ON A HYDRO GROW AND I DON\'T WHAT I DID WRONG, PLEASE TELL ME.

How do you expect help with that?

You\'re clones aren\'t dead, you\'re basically stating that they didn\'t root as fast as the clinic ones you bought, well then guess what, WAIT MORE. If they\'re not dead than all is not lost.

I don\'t even grow hydropincally and I figured that out.

6. Hey buddy, your clones from your own mother plant will take 2 weeks to root, when you buy them the root has already sprouted, that is why your clones are behind the other ones. I do realise that you want them to grow fast so you can have buds but it takes time (3-5 months depending on the strain and how long you veg), so have a little patients.

7. good job putting him in his place guys

8. Ok guys no one is really saying what comes to mind when reading this thread.... So what the hell Ill stick my neck out......

1st off the experienced growers here help those who help themselves (reading and research) getting the answers without effort doesnt help you... If you care to learn, read..... then read some more....
    Then ask the aproprate questions and all the GC members help,
    so in essence if you dont like GC...... Bite me.....because I happen to like it here.....

9. what i dont get is that you have 221 posts on a forum that \"sucks\"? ...there are some missed steps in logic there

10. If that\'s what you believe, then why would you expect to get knowledgeable, reliable advice on where else to go to get knowledgeable, reliable advice?

11. ICMag.com ?

12. I started on this forum, and still like this forum, but must say, it has went slightly downhill since my join date. Lack of activity, amount of dumb topic, people being rude and just alot of uncalled for things along with the fact that GC wont recognize a chat room has all made me move on.

I am currently a avid member of WWW.ICMAG.COM and dont plan on looking back. Activity is MUCH more than here, they have a active chat (requires so many posts...so not just anybody can get in it) and many more experienced growers and many catergories and journals of every type. I\'ve switched to the icmag mainstream but still keep up on GC.

For those who have many posts here and avidly help people, i thank you alot. You have helped me, many others, and I hope you keep up the work in the future. Your edeavors have not gone unrecognized and I appreciate all you have done and everything that has made this a good community.

I find many more experienced growers who take marijuana as a passion at icmag. I have yet to deal with many immature and overly rude people. (they are there...whereever you go)..but I think the numbers are lower.

Whichever you decide...(I promote being a member in both)...is up to you.

Remember, You must give a chance to all, as all were a newb at one time. People were not born experienced growers. Please, get knowledge and share knowledge. Its not a one way street. We are a community with a common interest and passion torwards something I dont want it to become a biased, stuck up community that does not help newbs either...

Live well....keep on tokin and share the wealth. PEACE

13. oh man, ICmag FTW. Goodbye too grasscity and all of its wiggers, posers, and liars.

14. Please respect those who have helped and do help. Thank them for the knowledge and experience that helped you acquire and what it will lead to in the future.

I still support gc and hope you will still stop by as well. There are \"wiggers, posers, and liars here...and everywhere else\". Please dont push this acquisation to all members and recognize the ones worth aquireing here. They take their time to help you, take time to thank them for what they do.

Not everybody is bad, and a few will quickly ruin it as a whole.

i\'m not afraid to say it to those who have helped me. If you are one of them...You\'ve been my lifeline and i will carry what you have taught me with me as long as I live.

Keep a good attitude and take the good with the bad. Even when times are rough.

15. Let me be the first to help SurfingRob to the door. This place will fall apart as soon as your leave. We will miss you (I\'m holding back tears).

16. you may lead a horse to water....but you cannot make him drink....

Every place has there +\'s and -\'s, but the attitude i see in him makes me sad...

17. Good one...I second it and move that GC ratifies it. hahaha.

Seriously dude, sorry to see you feel this way, hope you have a better experience over at icmag. But if you take the same attitude (Like everybody should drop all there doing just to help you) over there as you have here its not going to be any more pleasant or informative!

18. That dude was obviously a first class loser.

He\'ll probably end up getting busted with his mega grow.

:D

19. I can imagine this SurfingRob guy doing this whiny fuss at, say, COLLEGE. Are you going to get mad at the Dean because you didn\'t put your face in a resource and find the information you were looking for?

I have ALL the information that I need to diagnose, troubleshoot, and inform myself on the topics at hand, but I\'d rather scream and yell and ASK SOMEONE ELSE TO FIND THE ANSWER FOR ME.

Sorry buddy, you\'re a waste of bandwidth. Please leave.

20. well as you can tell from my posts i don\'t have alot to say on the boards but i have been around for a lill while. the thing is there are so few questions that need to be asked for the simple fact that alot of things have been answered already and usually in more ways than one. so many times have i typed in a simple question or a couple words and find myself reading for hours. as they say \"the grass is always greener on the other side\" but i have yet to see gc lacking if your willing to take the time to read and find the answer for yourself;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.