where has Ron Paul been?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Egghead03, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Sigh... here we go again...

It is possible to honor a human being as an inspiration to one's life, as well as note their perceived historical relevance without referring to the deaths of those who just so happen to disagree with said individual. Disagreement and hate not at all being the same, which should be noted by Mr. Hard Fact Objectivity who is apparently a stone cold defender of the tough truth, and not at all an emotionally insecure fanatic.

Basically, the 'long dead and forgotten haters' comment could have easily been left out, is what i am saying, and were it left out i would have had no problem with the sentiment. I probably would have just ignored this thread altogether, because really it is not a concern of mine. I just find that terribly disrespectful, fanatical, and more pertinently to you, as a real determent to all libertarians if you are trying to get that school of thought away from the fringe. Afterall, why should condescending and fanatical jerk offs respond as though they have been wronged when they are treated like condescending and fanatical jerk offs? Any Freudian explanations for that phenomenon?

Sorry i have an opinion that is not yours, i guess?

No, really though, it's quite funny that you say i am shitting on this thread. Personally I feel like i am the only one legitimately contributing to the discussion... whatsoever. Notice how i keep trying to steer this thing back to relevant topics such as homeschooling, education, personalized learning that caters to an individual's specific intilectual appetite as opposed to treating everyone as though they were the same? Whereas you are apparently here to make poo poo jokes?

I am not forcing your hand whatsoever, so no, i can't stop wasting your time... i physically cannot do that for you. Sorry.

2. Still haven't shown how it wasn't objective.

3. This

as a direct contradiction of this...

leaves this

as quite absurd, indeed.

:smoke:

4. Nothing still.

5. Be more specific and i will help you out.

6. You've been refuted already, this conversation is over. Get over it.

7. Not that I disagree with most of the principles that the program is teaching, but it's just swapping one form of indoctrination for another. Those of you who view public schooling as indoctrination really are hypocritical if you think that, just because the emphasis is on austro-libertarianism, it doesn't count as indoctrination...

8. This is your original argument. It's been refuted. You haven't put forth a single rebuttal.

9. ...........................................................................

10. Lol yeah, spamming the thread with a useless debate is such a contribution. (earlier on)

But yeah that was obvious to you hence the obligation to steer it back.

11. Main Entry: in·doc·tri·nate
    Pronunciation: \in-ˈdäk-trə-ˌnāt\
    Function: transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): in·doc·tri·nat·ed; in·doc·tri·nat·ing
    Etymology: probably from Middle English endoctrinen, from Anglo-French endoctriner, from en- + doctrine doctrine
    Date: 1626
    1 : to instruct especially in fundamentals or rudiments : teach 2 : to imbue with a usually partisan or sectarian opinion, point of view, or principle

Definition 2 I think is the common usage. So yes, this homeschool course is indoctrination (as all instruction of social subjects must be).

The question becomes, who do you want indoctrinating your children? The state, with it's agenda of aggrandizing itself, or parents, who have a bias towards truth, or at least what they perceive to be truth?

I trust parents to be more objective.

12. We can certainly hope that parents would try not try to indoctrinate their children. Personally I believe that it is possible to educate without indoctrination, however.

13. Social subjects can't be taught without bias. History, economics, etc., must always be biased in some way. You, or anyone, can't prevent that, unless you just teach a child every angle possible, which would be a hellish life of study for that poor kid.

14. Exactly! Agree 100%