Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

where does weed come from?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by goonkid, Jul 23, 2006.

1. im really baked and ive just been thinking of where as in what continent did weed come from originally or did it just grower everywhere? and is there any country that you can pick weed in the wild like a third world countrie or somthing? i dont know lol im just wondering:bongin:

2. i have no idea?

colombia? mexico? holland? afghanistan? amsterdam?

THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA?????

i have no fucken clue

3. ..its a plant, its grew wild everywhere

4. perhaps it dates back to pangea

5. mexico/south america for sativa

middle east/india for indica.

6. indica- afghanistan, morrocco
    sativa- india, china, afghanistan, and around those areas
    ruderalis- russia, poland

weed is only NATIVE to asia and africa, ruderalis, which is rarely smoked, used to be indica, and adapted to cold areas like russia.

7. ALFRED WEGENER! PLATE TECTONICS

8. California and Canada mainly

9. ive been to amsterdam and iknow that they grow it allaround there. You can find weed plants growing all over the place there!:cool:

10. Cannibis was ingested in the form of hash for at least 3000 years before they smoked it as a flower top. China has the earliest record of hemp, and was said to be a problem weed growing in the fields :eek: !

11. yea but i think he wants to know where it originated from...
    I've read morocco,panama,india,africa...probably more but cant remember lol

12. It was a gift from God :smoking:

13. indica from India
    Sativa from somewhere in south america, apparently columbia

14. historically speaking, man has managed to trace back cannabis' original birthplace as being somewhere in the Middle East. It generally has been spread by wind, wildlife, and all sorts of various natural forms of travel, but it is really due to man's long historical association and cultivation of the plant that it has managed to spread to every corner of the globe.

cannabis no longer "naturally" grows anywhere anymore, and by that I mean that "Wild" cannabis hasn't really been around since its eradication in the early twentieth century, though one can usually find some industrial hemp or "ditchweed" around if one looks hard enough, not to mention the occasional bagseed thrown out of a window will sprout a plant once in a long while. But usually these are ripped up by authorities or young naive stoners who don't know what they are smoking is actually the flowering tops and not the leaves and thusly, they dry the leaves, smoke it, get a harsh taste and naively throwing it away saying it was schwagg.

15. Not sure but i know that Inca (i believe) used it before mediation to go deeper into it but i dont know i have An amazing article of some one who studied Marijuana all his life and its about 14 pages long but ill post in if any one wants to try and find it its called

"cannabis Papers"

16. he's talking about being the guy that walked into the woods one day and said "Hey look, it's pot just growing there.... i wonder if i can get high from smoking it?" (my own translation :smoking:)

17. Indica comes from Asia and Sativa comes from South America but everything started out on the single continent of Pangea.

18. could someone be walking around in the u.s and come across a nice weed plant