Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Where does the word carb come from?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rottengirl, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Hey all! Newbie here.

Ever since I've been smoking I always referred to the hole in the side of my pipe as the shotty. I had no clue what it was at first and referred to it as the 'hole' until my more experienced friend explained to me that it's a shotty, used to shotgun the rest of them smoke out into my mouth. I thought that was a rad answer and it has stuck with me ever since.

But I was recently watching Getting Doug with High with Eric Andre, and Eric asked where the carb was on an apple pipe. I had no clue wtf the word carb was??

Does anyone know where the word comes from, what it means, and if it is the actual (read: official) term for the hole?

(.....Probably gonna use the work shotty regardless, but I'd still love to know. :) )

2. #2 jmick, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
    Carburetor,,, like on a car engine, mixes gas with air....or on a pipe, smoke and air...

3. Ohh thanks man. Also explains why some people call it a choke I guess

4. You adjust the choke on the carb to allow more or less air in.

So for a pipe your finger is the choke