Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Where does one obtain Medical Marijuana in Maryland??

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dukesup1978, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Once one is diagnosed as a patient who will benefit from medical marijuana how does that person go about getting it in the state of Maryland?

2. Maryland is not a medical marijuana state and you unfortunately cannot acquire it here. We have a primitive MMJ law that is essentially worthless. If you are caught with cannabis, you are arrested and must go to court. If you can prove in court you have medical necessity, you get off with a $100 fine, but I believe you still have a misdemeanor on your record. It's really stupid.

Your best bet is DC, but you could only use the medical cannabis within DC and not in Maryland, technically. If possible, you could pick up the cannabis in DC and then consume it in the privacy of your own home. But if you got caught on the way back from DC, your protection would have no validity. It's so horrible...

3. #3 dukesup1978, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2010
    Thank you very for the help. DC does seem to be the best option. Would a Maryland resident be able to get a DC license? Are you able to direct me to some informative websites?

4. i live in virginia and have chronic lyme disease and ehrlichia....i dream of one day acquiring medical cannabis. until then, im a criminal. :(