Where does evaporated air go?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by mclover, Nov 13, 2015.

1. When my lights turn on, the humidity in the room goes way down. The room is sealed, where does the humidity go?

2. Rh is the measurable amount of moisture in the air. If you turn your light on and it heats the air, the moisture will evaporate hence the lowered rh

3. I was just having a stoner moment and thinking since its a closed room, when the lights go off the RH will go back up.

4. Relative humidity is a measurement of the amount of moisture the air will hold. Warm air holds more moisture than cold.

If you have a 10 gal bucket with 5 gal of water, the bucket is 50% full. A 5 gal bucket with the same 5 gal of water would be 100% full. Think of warm air as a larger bucket and cold air as the smaller bucket.

5. It goes under there :)

6. Its like magic brah, I ain't gonna lie I been wondering the same thing lately got a little tent grow going and humidity goes up to 60s during lights on and 30s during lights off, more or less depending on my watering schedule, the funny thing is I have an exhaust fan running outside 24/7, I would figure the exhaust fan running outside would keep the humidity way down no matter if the lights were on or off

7. it hides in the cracks like cock roaches. They all making hand shadow puppets and eating icecream waiting for you to leave.

DAMN HUMIDITY !!
    i shake my fists to you!