Where do your plants drain there water?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stroomz, Apr 21, 2009.

1. I was wondering what everyone else has there pots in that collects the run off water? I have a tin tray which doesnt work to well and im looking for some ideas..i tried searching too so dun tell me to do that:)

2. You should never be over watering too much, you can keep your pots in trays for water leakage but they should never sit in standing water for too long otherwise you'll get root rot.

3. mine drain on the plastic on the floor if they get too much water, I usually water allot at least once or twice a month to ensure no salts buildup. Really depends on the stage of veg or flowering they are in though. allot like to capture the run off and test for ppm and ph

4. You could get a metal rack, like the ones used in cooking, to keep your plants up off their floor or container or whatever. Or make one yourself using something like chicken wire fencing and just bend the ends over to make it stay up off the ground. Depending on how heavy your plants are you might have to insert a some kind of shim underneath the wire, like a dowel or piece of wood or whatever.

5. My grow pots are kitty litter bins with drainage holes drilled in the bottom. Each one sits inside another kitty litter bin with no holes to catch the runoff. For flushing I haul them up to the bathtub with a showerhead on a hose and just let the runoff go down the drain.

6. I use those aluminum pans that are made for cooking turkeys in. They have large sides, they are very inexpensive and easy to clean. Not to mention you can buy them pretty much everywhere.

7. i accidentally used some of my college books that i wanted to trade in later...well i guess ill try and trade them in as used haha atleast the money lost helped the weed be grown.:D:smoking:

8. I have some 1 gallon square pots and some 3 gallon pots.

the 1 gallon, I use lids for ziploc storage containers (the cheap, reusable / disposable tupperware). They fit absolutely perfectly on the bottom, and prevent leaking.

the 3gallon, I sit 2 in a tray. the trays are just cheap, $1 plastic trays from the hydro store...they have grooves (think george foreman grill) to allow the water to drain away from the pot.

9. bath tub or shower work great!