where do you work? what's your job/ career?

Discussion in 'General' started by vmpsyn, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Hi GC! haven't posted on here in forever,
    I have to go to work in a couple hours, im a customer service representative for Sprint's technical support, so I have to listen to people complain about their cellphones not working all day, before this I worked as a representative also, but for Dish Network.

So what do you do for a living GC? How do you earn your money to buy your stash and keep your pot head lifestyle alive ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Vote for me

3. i am a musician i work on a farm.

4. I pretty much work for myself. Over the years I've become friends with a good number of people who run businesses and most of them are usually in over thier heads. I move around from place to place randomly helping people make decisions. I don't want to call myself a consultant, because it sounds kind of pretentious, but that's basically what I do. I get paid pretty well, enough to live by myself in a nice place, have my car paid off, be insured and take 2 or 3 real vacations a year.

I also grow my own produce, which provides another source of income. If I had to guess, I'd say that was worth about 10-12 grand last year, which was pretty much just free money.

I went to college for 6 years, and when I graduated I didn't want to go and work a horrible, life-sucking job, so I just kind of turned my natural ability to hustle into a loose employment situation where I don't actually have a boss or need any particular source of income so much that I can't walk away from it and tend to others.

It's good. I can sleep as late as I want, I don't have to schedule vacation time, I'm not under and company policies or restrictions, I can't be drug tested, and somehow, some way, people are literally paying me for what essentially amounts to just good advice.

I keep telling myself I need to go and get a real job, pharma rep, car salesman, corporate cubicle drone, something....but I'm not running out of money, and I'm loving my life. So that's kind of hard to do.

• Like Like x 1
  5. the co-operative. gud with fud.

6. I'd +rep you but I have to spread it out...

I feel like I'm heading into your direction its weird and scary at the same time.

But I have this weird strange amazingly strong feeling that I'm going to be successful in life. weird.

• Agree Agree x 1

7. I know a girl who's worked the same corporate job for the last 10 years, same shifts every day. She makes about 70k a year, but she only gets 2 weeks of vacation time and there's no budging on that shit.

When she first met me, she thought I was a slacker and a stoner, because that's how I look unless I get up and get ready to go be professional.

After hanging out w/ her for a month, and realizing all her expenditures vs the way I've set up my finances, we've come to realize that I have way more disposable income than she does. I actually couldn't tell you how much I make in a year. The accounting is never really all there, but I can tell you that this girl was talking to me about how she loves to travel, and then said she'd never been to Europe. She's 33 man! I told her I'd been to 20 something countries and that I'm only up before noon maybe once a week.

Now she's jealous as fuck, straight up told me she was jealous of my lifestyle. So to make it alright, we booked a trip to 4 islands this October, and I'm gonna try and take her to Spain, somewhere on a beach in June. I don't know shit about Spain. I basically got her to give me the sheet w/ her pre-chosen vacation days, then just booked us up on some trips.

I'm only 32 man. I've never had a real, real, job except when I was in college, and for a few years after where I actually was titled as a consultant.

8. I work for the CA Department of Social Services.

I'm basically a glorified paper pusher. It's cool to me though.

9. Infantryman in the Army. it blows lol.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. ... and your social security number..

11. Its funny because back when I drove a taxi in the suburbs I got a lot of businessmen from major corps come inside my taxi to take them to the nearby airport(I had to stay posted by a conference center along with other cabbies)

Anyways they liked to talk to me in the car on the way and I would learn a lot.

Well in any case there was this one man who entered my car and started talking about sports/chicago/other stuff and I asked him what he does.

He was in search engine marketing, never went to school for it. His major in college was political science and he dropped out. For one whole year he browsed business forums and read books and did his own studying until he messaged someone on the forum to help him out. The guy who helped him out was from France and they are now business partners.

What they do is put your business on the front page of google using certain algorithms, basically how the page is set up to be like a newspaper or something.

he was in town for a client, and the charge for them was 40k. This guy does business in Korea and other countries and only has to travel 4 times a year and works from home which I think is amazing.

Your case is really similar and I find it pretty inspirational to hear about people who become successful by finding their own means

12. building service worker (we do in-house cleaning and maintenance) for a University in my state. don't wanna name which one though.

its a state job so it pays well, great benefits, i accrue earned time and comp time like crazy, and my dad is my boss.

i also work part time for a family owned cleaning company (very small) and get about 2 hours a night... not bad for extra cash flow and these places are next door to each other and it takes me about 3 minutes to get to work from my front door

13. All those are nice responses!

All this talking about working from home and being your own boss makes me wonder
    how did you get started on your own business?
    I'm thinking about doing something like free lancing, but i know that'll take lots of time and patience...
    and its not guaranteed income,
    so what are some good ideas of your own businesses?
    and how should i go about starting my own?

14. I grow weed for 3 different dispensaries. I make enough money to pay rent, utilities, and have some extra spending money. I'm not rich, but with my own place, a girlfriend, and an unlimited supply of weed, i'm really happy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I do mostly contract/freelance, but I also have some loyal, regular "big money" clients. My next gig is January 28-Feb 3. $2425 cash+ reimbursement for travel and accommodation. I only need to drop $300/month on weed products (because concentrates get me f*ing stoned).

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 Dead Head OG, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Grow weed , work construction sell my photography and still have time to supply my store with woodworking. Oh and of course smoke lots of weeed in the process.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I started a home improvement company out of high school. We do alot of siding, decks, additions, pole barns/ garages, windows, and kitchen/bath remodels.

I’ve had to change with the economy many times living in one of the more depressed areas. But we always turn a profit and throughout all my cancer treatments and surgeries and time off, we have continued to do well. I owe it ALL TO MY WIFE, AND TO MY EMPLOYEES (friends). They’ve really rallied around me and I am forever thankful.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Gotta generate stacks on stacks bro

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  19. @chesshigh you necro'd a 7 yr old thread haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1