where do you take your cuts from?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by CL4P-TP, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Top of plant?

Or bottom of plant?

Any rate there seems to be some varying ideas on where to take clones off a mother.

I cut off the bottom, with the understanding that I'm getting more rooting horomones lower in the plant, then I get off the auxin filled tips. Aslo why I feed only water and mist my mothers before taking clones, so there is little Nitrogen to get in the way of rooting.

But others disagree, so I figured I'd ask fellow members for some input.:wave:

2. Myself and most growers who run thousands of clones take them from the tops..

We know that larfy bullshit cuts on the bottom of the plant suck. We also root in 5 days but that is impossible for you as well, so you will no doubt think that is bullshit.... Im assuming as you have done so many times..

We also know that while Mel Frank and some of the most intuitive contributors to the cannabis scene are wonderful and insightful people, that they wrote books on personal experience and subjectivity..

3. We'll see.

4. I could care less how many growers come in here and say that they take scrawny larfy cuts off the bottom, Its a trend on this site..

Why arent you on any of the invite only sites? Ive never heard of you before yet you know more than me? lol Is that what this is, your ego wont submit to experience?

wake up bro! No one is challenging you, my game is just refined, nothing more...

5. actually I am on em ..just not with this name ..it only lives here. and no I'm not gonna tell you so you can troll me on other sites.

Ignor'd

6. #6 "ridge"racer, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
    Name one of them, the websites you are on... just one..

I dont need your screen name..

Ah.. see you cant name one, because you are full of shit.... Hence the "ignore" to protect yourself from having to reply and look like an ass in your own thread, for lying....

Tone down the disrespect.......that kind of behavior doesn't fly here.

Chunk

7. #7 Freeborn, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
    I take clones off the top bottom clones turn out shitty

IMO about 75% of this site is bullshiters maybe more I haven't been a member long but there's people on here telling new growers to pee on there plants? And they are doing it lol

I like that I'm not saying I'm better than you just my game is more refined. Now that's gangsta

Is that old Greg in your pic I didn't know anyone else out of my circle who knew what that was

Love games play your love games with me lol

Sent from iPhone 5

8. ???

WTF crawled up your ass?

And Greg who? In what pic?

My avatar? If so...WTF does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

9. #9 Freeborn, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
    Was talking to racer nothing in my ass its true you really listen to people who don't post pics and don't know what ppm stands for

Just saying there's some on here who I learn from

But the top IMO has the best candidates for clones I know all the hormones and all that but they end up as weaker plants
    Sent from iPhone 5

10. Ahhh okay

Hit the poll the man.please.

11. Not sure what the poll is but ok lol

Sent from iPhone 5

12. Vote .......

13. Nothing still nothing vote where on what sorry this is all on your thread lol

Sent from iPhone 5

14. Now whos using statistics to deceive..

Post this bullshit on any other grow site and get laughed at lol

15. ahh GC app..NVM it isn't gonna show up.. bummer

16. The other 2 of you should really add wharf to your ignore list. Save me the time.

I take cuts from the middle lower part of the plant...since that's what this thread is about.

17. I take cuts from the tops and middle and avoid the lower larfy stuff.

I was taking 400 clones a day last summer for my job and from my experience with thousands and thousands of clones is that the top part of the plant makes the healthiest and most vigorous plants.

Clones from the lower part of the plant generally root slower and the plants they turn into are slower growing at first and the only herms I've had from some strains have been from the larfy looking lower growth.

18. I generally take my clones from the bottom. Not because it is superior to taking clones from the top, but because I ScrOG. I end up cutting off hundreds of clones once I trim underneath the screen two weeks from flower, so right before I put the plants into flower I cut off clones off of branches that I know won't make it above the screen.

Over 95%, if not more, of my clones root. I don't give credit for that because of where I take the clones from, but rather my technique of cloning.

No one method is the right method.

19. Generally in cloning we take twice what we need, we get 100% but we select the strongest half of the herd, discarding any weak or slower to start cuttings..

Consistency wins the day..

If you dont run numbers, this isnt as important..

20. I take them from wherever they don't interfere with the growth I'm going for. Top, bottom, middle doesn't effect speed of rooting or growth for me. The best ones go in my tents, the decent ones replace my mommies and the slow/small ones I give to ridge racer for his "top notch" genetics ;)